Sunday, March 10th Freeze your ....-Off Ride Northhampton

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sunday, March 10th Freeze your beep-Off Ride Northhampton

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
KOTA said:
highship said:
Checked out the path at a couple of the spots where it crosses the roads and it was clear. Looks like you guys can enjoy some riding as long as it doesn't snow again. I was planning on tagging along but now I have got to pass. I was really looking forward to riding with everyone but life just threw me a twist. Baby Highship joined my world on the 1st (not the twist)but had a few complications so I'll be over at Baystate for the next week or so. If your so inclined please feel free to add him to your prayers.
I really hope to make the ride one of these times.

My prayers are with you and your family. <{{{><

As far as the ride on 3/10...My wife and I are in the middle of flipping another house. I ordered a huge dumpster for the weekend, along with a crew to fill it. So if you do ride, have fun....Another ride, 5 miles from my house that I can't do. :( :(

You flip houses?...COOL! :D If you ever come across old Hot Wheels or Matchbox and you're going to throw them away...let me know! :wink: That's another collection I have :mrgreen:

I don't know if this ride is going to be rideable...a Nor'easter coming! :shock:

The prediction in North Central Mass calls for 3 to 6-inches of wet heavy snow starting tonight and ending Friday morning – temperatures however, will be in the mid-40’s on Saturday and Sunday.

This is going to a tough one to call – typical New England weather :!:

I'll try and keep an eye on the weather and bike path conditions for you guys. I'll post whatever I find out here.

As mentioned in previous posts’, Larry and highship have volunteered to let us know about the conditions for riding this Sunday. They will make the final call; gentlemen, please make your respective final calls on Saturday evening here, I will then in turn rewrite the post title as to whether it’s a GO or CANCELLATION.

Hoping for the best, while dealing with the realities of the present...

Update:Temps are now predicted to be in the upper-40’s for Saturday and Sunday in Northampton. If you guys feel that you need a little more time to post, then please, feel free to do so!

Weather :?

Now that the storm is over, how much snow did you guys get there in MA, and CT? Here in this part of NH we received just a dusting.

Hoping this event occurs, but, should this ride be canceled (and I’m thinking hypothetically) due to the snow storm, how would you guys feel about a ride next week in Monson? Many of us will be there for the show anyway, so why not take at least a short ride together.

It didn't amount to much here in Easthampton/Northampton, maybe 3 inches or so. Haven't been able to actually look at the path though. It's suposed to be sunny and "warm" today so it will probably take care of whatever there is on the path.
Monson on the otherhand... they got about 18".

Wife has DR appointment in NoHo, she's checking the path NOW.....I'll get back soon.

12" here in North Central MA

we got about a dusting- inch here in chicopee. roads are dry today :D

8) Let’s hope it didn’t amount to much in NoHo.

I just checked the trail in three places In Northampton....Looks like you guys are ON. Trail looks clear, for the most part. Areas that are in a lot of shade still have a "covering" of snow. It's supposed to be about fifty degrees today, that won't hurt. Two sections I looked at were clear as far as the eye could see......Fifty today and tomorrow, but right now at 8:15 it's 20 degrees....It will be a freeze your beep off ride.

We got the dumpster, for the house we're working on. My wife and I got it half filled yesterday, not bad for a couple of 60 yr. olds (although I feel 80 today). I might be able to make this ride, not sure yet....But If I don't, I hope you guys have a great time!

Forgot! We only had an inch of snow yesterday...It's already gone.

Jose'.. Check your PM's

I just got off the phone with Larry – THE RIDE IS ON BABY!!! :D

He said if there is snow on the trail at Look Park then we should caravan down to the central part of town towards East Hampton and get on the trail there; most of what he saw was clear w/small patches of snow!!!

Thank you, Larry!

Not sure you guys will be freezing, but while you are riding and having fun I will be sitting on an airplane.

Cheers!

I like the ride to East Hampton. We had a blast the time we did that. See you guys in the morning.

I am ready to go.

See you guys there.

BTW where is the meeting place again

Joe

yeshoney said:
I am ready to go.

See you guys there.

BTW where is the meeting place again

Joe
ZygoteLittle said:
Meet-up Place: Look Memorial Park baseball field parking lot Northhampton, MA
Meet-up Time: 9AM
Ride Start: 9:30

We’ll ride on the Northhampton Bikeway to a local breakfast spot and then onto wherever.

NOTE: This ride will not happen if there is snow on the ground (so hope for "warm" weather :wink: ).

It would be cool to bring cruisers, muscle bikes, customs or any kind of not-so-usual-ride you may have!

See you guys in the morning!

Anyone have an address for that park? My Monark is packed in the car.

Look Memorial Park if you are using GPS Intersection is located at Bridge Rd. and North Main St. Northampton, MA

PS: Don’t forget to advance your clocks tonight guys!

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
Anyone have an address for that park? My Monark is packed in the car.
If you remember riding to the bike shop in Florence, a few summers ago, it's about two or three miles above that. It's on Rte. 9....Look Park is actually in FLORENCE (still considered Northampton) If your GPS goes by zip codes Florence is 01062...Just keep following Rte. 9 from Hamp, you'll get their.

Back