Tennessee Klunk

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here is the work in progress... got it all mocked up to make sure everything fits as it should. I am still unsure about the paint colors, but it will match the wheels.

002-2.jpg

003.jpg

004-3.jpg

Here's the Before Shot...
004.jpg

Old and new... I like it so far!!!

Those brake adapters are a great way to add some brakes. I wonder if there was something to use besides a hose clamp though.

cman said:
Those brake adapters are a great way to add some brakes. I wonder if there was something to use besides a hose clamp though.

Yea- the hose clamps and zips ties are probably my least favorite parts of the bike... any suggestions other than learning to weld? :D

good start for a klunker, I like the bull bars myself ! As for the rear brake mount I would think a bracket to hold it to
the fender mount should be enough ...if you think about the way force will be applied to the mount it will mostly be
pushing the mount against the seat stays so a clamp at the bottom is unneeded....

I welded mine. Just a quick one here. Bolt them on. Ya gota drill through the frame tho..

In fact, you have a great idea. I might just cut mine off and do like you did. Here is mine on a 45' Elgin
S5032109.jpg

In France we find this kind of frame(with difficulty) only with this kind of brakes. The first thing we dot is to cut them to put a wheel with coasterbrake. It is funny to see that you make the opposite. For us it is inconceivable :lol:

I like the bars, I just put some on my cruiser last week. First suspension fork I ever had was the same as yours too. Looking good.

Anticipation :shock: .... I can hardly wait for the paint to dry. This is my first attempt at painting scallops, we'll see tomorrow how they turned out. For now, here is a quick progress update. I still need to find a few things but this klunker should be ready for the trails next week (hopefully)

017.jpg

018.jpg

Well ...it has been a slow process but here is the "Tennessee Klunk". Outside of finding a 1" spacer ( or cutting the steer tube :? ), white housing, and some chunky pedals this thing is done! :D I will post some final pictures after the maiden voyage.

001-2.jpg

008-4.jpg

003-3.jpg

MAD MR said:
In France we find this kind of frame(with difficulty) only with this kind of brakes. The first thing we dot is to cut them to put a wheel with coasterbrake. It is funny to see that you make the opposite. For us it is inconceivable :lol:

Lol.

Back