The Damascus Roadster moving forward

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Aw shucks, I didn't finish the buildoff this year, sometimes life has to take priority over my hobby. :cry: It's annoying but there is naught that we can do about it. At any rate this project has come too far for me to stop now so keep watching this thread for progress.

This years event is going to be a little different for me. I am working on the road and only have a little time at home on the weekends. Plus I'm just going to build a really cool diamond framed road bike that has been bouncing around in my brain for awhile now. This is just a bike I really want for myself, if you ladies and gentlemen here like it too that will be a great bonus!
The bike for this build is sitting at home, it is an old friend of mine who deserves a little TLC. I do not have a picture as he sits now. How about a little shot of a preliminary design sketch to get started?
sketched.jpg

Thanks to Kingfish for this part I'm sure that I'm not the only one using one of these. :wink:
shifty.jpg

Some neat bar end brake levers!
brakeparts.jpg

barend.jpg

Of course this next shot will give away my game plan to those of you who know me....
thelion.jpg

Peace Y'all

Re: The Damascus Roadster

Love Peugeot...my daily communter is a 1973...looking forward to seeing what you do with it...very cool ideas so far!
P.S. Love the name

motopsyco said:
yoothgeye said:
Is this the pink bike?

You have my attention anyway, stop being a tease.

you guessed it but don't tell everybody :wink:

I'll keep it to myself as long as you don't tell anyone that the bullet holes in my build will be caused by a pink gun.

:lol: :lol:
Looks like its gonna be cool. I look forward to seeing what you do.

Can't wait to see what you do with the stick shift!

Here is a picture of this bike this morning just before I started turning wrenches. This is my favorite horse in the stable now and I really hope that I still like riding it as much when I am done.
asbefore.jpg

I have to admit this thumb-shifter is a little awkward.
thumbshift.jpg

and these braze-ons have got to go!
brazeons.jpg

Anyone whom has seen this bike before may remember it had a layback seat post at one time. When I was living in Wilmington I swapped that for an Electra seat post so that I could mount a really old Brooks B72 on it. Unfortunately the B72 was dry rotted and broke one day when I jumped a curb with it, so I put this seat on it.
Got it torn down 80% of the way this morning, and will be taking it down to bare metal, removing all unnecessary tabs and then transforming it into a rolling sculpture.
pujoestrip.jpg

If you are curious to see how this bike started out, here is the previous build thread.
http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=36275&p=371162&hilit=pink+french#p371162

Peace Y'all

motopsyco said:
I wonder how mad the folks at the Marriott would be if I were polishing all of the aluminum parts in my hotel room during the week? :shock:

They won't care... do it. It's better than the folks who make crystal meth in their hotel room. :?

Really like the front sprocket, seems it relates to your drawing. Are going to use it for a design template or is it incorporated into the frame?

JoKeR63 said:
Really like the front sprocket, seems it relates to your drawing. Are going to use it for a design template or is it incorporated into the frame?
I'm going to repaint it to match and reuse it. This build is going to be more about the painting and sculpting than the mechanics, which will be pretty close to stock. Of course most of the stock components such as the wheels are top notch to begin with.
Oh well I'm back in my hotel room :( so I get to watch the rest of you make progress 'til Saturday.

One quick question for everyone, I am thinking of incorporating a lot of Drillium into this build, what do y'all think?

motopsyco said:
One quick question for everyone, I am thinking of incorporating a lot of Drillium into this build, what do y'all think?

Yes please! :wink:

motopsyco said:

I actually had to look it up, it was like a joke grenade, took a few seconds to cook off. :lol:

Looks like metal sculpting to me, I say go for it. But I keep trying to remember where I've heard that term before,............

Now I recall.
trnwrk001.jpg

A decade is a long time.

JoKeR63 said:
motopsyco said:

I actually had to look it up, it was like a joke grenade, took a few seconds to cook off. :lol:

Looks like metal sculpting to me, I say go for it. But I keep trying to remember where I've heard that term before,............

Now I recall.
trnwrk001.jpg

A decade is a long time.

That looks like a battlebots leftover!

Spent a weekend at home mostly working on my tractor. Did manage to clean and organize the room in my barn where I keep the spare parts, unfinished projects, and future pipe dreams... Oh yeah and my oldest daughter graduated from college too! :D :D :D
0520partsroom2_01.jpg

0520partsroom1_01.jpg

This little guy say's that he needs a new home since I took his bike away.
skully.jpg

Long weekend next week I should be able to work on the bike some, while handling my parts stash I had a great inspiration for how to build the un-tank. Hope to knock your socks off with it.
Peace Y'all

Back