The Damascus Roadster moving forward

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Damascus Roadster Got Paint!!! 7 6 12

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
is that the stem you're going to use? a more horizontal one I think would look better and more aggressive. But I really like the drilling - that's my favorite.
You are right about the looks of the stem, but I am planning to ride this one a lot, I just hope I don't miss the BMX bar it used to have too much.
Peatbog said:
Pretty cool drill work you have going on there.

By the way, don't waste a bullet, just cook 'em:

6a00d83451637969e20105364eb236970b-pi

Okay but at least take out the eyes before you put it on the table... I don't like my food staring at me :lol:

I like teh color combo.
Turning out sharp!

Put the last color on today...
tapenblk1.jpg

I know all of the pinstripers could've done this in 5 minutes but I'm an air powered artist, and did it my way.
striped.jpg

It was a lotta work for a little difference but I think it was the right thing to do.
I got this in the mail but I am actually planning to put it on another bike but I just had to see how it looked against a red background. I'll be using the Peugeot badge from the beginning of this thread.
sprktnbadge.jpg

Now it is time to start assembly and fabrication of the fenders and chainguard.

Re: The Damascus Roadster a little more 7 8 12

Finally another RRB headbadge shows up.

kingfish254 said:
Finally another RRB headbadge shows up.

Yes, they are out here, I think most people are hoarding them. :shock: Or they plan to spring them on us as a last minute ploy for votes
Now how do you have time to build such an awesome entry and show up multiple times in every build thread? Even if you are retired that still seems impossible, you must have the freaky bunnies trained to reply on your behalf.

It's nice to be home, but I've only been back in S.C. for a week now and already people are dropping motorcycles off for me to repair. :roll: Oh well anytime a few dollars (or a few hundred) knock on your door and ask if they can come live with you, always invite them in.
0707120947.jpg

Here are a few random bicycle parts about to be cleaned up for this project.
randomparts.jpg

Well, I dropped this one out of the build off this year, I could have gotten it rideable but then it still would not have been complete so I asked a mod to move it here so that I can finish it out at a more leisurely pace. Ironically as the buildoff is winding down so is all of the other hectic activity in my life, so now I may have time to work on it.

Aw man, come on and wrap it up.
Don't leave it hangin!!!!
U KAIN DO EET!!!!

Okay back in the saddle (shop) again! Kind of doing things in a haphazard fashion right now. Got a pair of cheap grips from wally world and modified them to work with the bullhorn bars and bar end brake levers.
cheep.jpg

cheepcut.jpg

cheepdun.jpg

Yes I know they look cheesy but I'm happy with them.
Next up is my home built front fender, my plan here is to plunge mold the fenders from abs plastic. I have made a custom battery box and some other parts for my motorcycle by heating, bending, and gluing abs but have never actually tried molding it. So tonight I started on the plug.
ffplug1.jpg

After sawing it I sat down with a bottle of 1554 and a pocket knife and cut away everything that didn't look like a front fender.
ffplug2.jpg

Use the sorta Dremel like tool to cut the notches for the forks.
ffplug3.jpg

Still have a lot of sanding to do now but that's okay with me.
Hey if this doesn't work out I can always use this plug to make a fiberglass fender. Why didn't I do that to start with? :? I guess it was just too easy. :wink:
Peace Y'all

BRAVO BRUDDERMAN!!!
So glad that you are contiuning with your build!!!!
Really miss you in BO7!!!

Back