the Devils Golden Fiddle

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
biker_km said:
when i first started i considered mounting it to the top of the head tube, but it looked goofy. mounting it lower gave it a more aggressive and lowered look.

Ye, some times things look good from one view point but when you have the ability to walk around and see it from different angles it does not always work.
Love the name of this bike!

i was bored last night, so i got out my one shot and painted this on my down tube...
0014.jpg

0024.jpg

I'm really digging this bike, the stance from the bars and laid back seat is perfect. That front end is awesome! I'm wondering how rigid the bars feel bolted to the front fork supports, or would it need to be welded for long term stability? I gotta say, I've seen the lowered bars done before, but this is the best application I've seen done yet.

Anyone know what type of fork this is? This is such a good look for a bike I might have to use a similar idea on a future non-RRBBO bike...

Nice touch with the paint details also, you got skillz!

thanks, glad you all like it.

d.rock, the bars are pretty solid. i wouldnt ramp off any curbs with em, but for just crusin i think theyll hold up

biker_km said:
059.jpg

060.jpg

i guess its a mohawk frame (found that out recently thanks to this site) and i have no idea where the fork came from.

when i got the forks they were nasty. old paint, grease, rust and all. the threads on the steering tube were gone, so i welded a new on one. but it ended up being 1/2 in to short cuz i guess i cant measure. after i got that fixed i couldnt get a stem down the tube. had to figure out another way to mount bars. so i did this...
061.jpg

062.jpg

and thats pretty much mocked up. paint is next.

you mean thats not the paint job? looks hot as is! ok, go ahead and paint it if you must! good job so far, especially the handle bars.

sorry for my posts, i'm just a little new to this stuff and i'm so excited for your build that i'm pressing all sorts of buttons and things aren't doing what i think its supposed to do. the paint job came out excellent, the paint detail down the seat tube looks awesome! the head tube ideas you've had all look good, i'm sure we'll be seeing more. great job!

finally made some updates
053.jpg

took the fat fenders off my old tandem bike to give it more of a custom feel. (got the back painted, still mocking up the front)
056.jpg

057.jpg

the fender stays were jacked up on the front so i made a bumper for support
055.jpg

054.jpg

still need to get the antennas for the dual antenna set up ( those are just bike spokes), and old badge off of a 1960 plymouth fury to finish off the back

Back