The Flat Landers of Ayer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That’s a good point Larry; perhaps the person(s) living closest to the trail could do a reconnaissance ride to let us know its condition. I suspect however, that it’ll be warm (it was in the 80’s here last year) and dry by March since we’ve already had our three days of winter. LOL

ZygoteLittle said:
8) there will a couple of campers at the Weekend!

Going back - what part of the Simsbury trail would you guys suggest meeting at?

And how do you guy’s feel about a tentative ride date for the second Sunday in March with a 10AM meet-up and 10:30 ride start?

Like Larry said, it would probably be covered with snow :lol: I think they close that trail for the Winter season, so you'd have to wait until early April :wink: Plus in March it's still freezing in CT. At the Monson Swap Meet at the end of March it's still 35 degrees or so :roll:

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
ZygoteLittle said:
8) there will a couple of campers at the Weekend!

Going back - what part of the Simsbury trail would you guys suggest meeting at?

And how do you guy’s feel about a tentative ride date for the second Sunday in March with a 10AM meet-up and 10:30 ride start?

Like Larry said, it would probably be covered with snow :lol: I think they close that trail for the Winter season, so you'd have to wait until early April :wink: Plus in March it's still freezing in CT. At the Monson Swap Meet at the end of March it's still 35 degrees or so :roll:
Very well then – how about the second Sunday in April with a meet-up at 10A and ride start at 10:30; we could decide on a specific location in March?

BUMP!

How have you guys been progressing on your builds? Any pics?

Hi Peter and everybody, just a brief bump; anyone with thoughts of going for a solo shakedown ride around the block on their Ayer Flatlanders in the near future?

Mine is rideable but not finished. Looking to get back to work on it later this month. I'm pretty busy now but we have a later setting sun scheduled by Sunday. More light after work. Going to Boston in a few weeks for the day and I may zip over to Newton to see a man about a two speed hub.

Pete the man with gray locks

Graylock said:
Mine is rideable but not finished. Looking to get back to work on it later this month. I'm pretty busy now but we have a later setting sun scheduled by Sunday. More light after work. Going to Boston in a few weeks for the day and I may zip over to Newton to see a man about a two speed hub.

Pete the man with gray locks

Where's the plans for the Monson swap on the 24th? :wink:

You guy's :cry: ......... I wanted to go but my wife and I are booked. I am looking forward to riding CT this year seeing my wife has her new T@B trailer now and we can stay a few days. Also I have use of a utility trailer that I can haul bikes on. This will make the Ayer HPVFest a little more festive when I haul some tallbikes up with me. Going to Boston on the 22nd for the day and I'm looking to bring back a 2-speed kickback for my flatlander. Once I get the hub laced up I'll get the bug and start working on it again.

Have fun kids, sorry about the coffee :roll:

Pete

Herzlichen Glückwunsch zum Erwerb einer Sturmey-Archer-Nabe. :shock:
Last Friday I went to Harris Cyclery in Newton to get a new hub. No hub! I was bummed! But wait we'll order one for you and send it to you at least by Thursday........... Ya right lets do this.......... GOT IT TODAY :D . This thing is massive and weighs about four pounds and came with a 22 tooth sprocket. Nice. Can't wait to lace this up on a new rim. Now I have to get the spokes :shock: , won't be long after that.
Congratulations on your purchase of a Sturmey-Archer internal gear hub. 8)
AWS2CKickShift-01a.jpg

Pete

Graylock said:
Herzlichen Glückwunsch zum Erwerb einer Sturmey-Archer-Nabe. :shock:
Last Friday I went to Harris Cyclery in Newton to get a new hub. No hub! I was bummed! But wait we'll order one for you and send it to you at least by Thursday........... Ya right lets do this.......... GOT IT TODAY :D . This thing is massive and weighs about four pounds and came with a 22 tooth sprocket. Nice. Can't wait to lace this up on a new rim. Now I have to get the spokes :shock: , won't be long after that.
Congratulations on your purchase of a Sturmey-Archer internal gear hub. 8)

Pete

Your arms must have grown since last time I saw you....Cause now, you're patting "YOURSELF" on the back!... Any truth to the rumor that you're banned from all bicycle shops on the Cape, and have to drive to Boston for parts?

KOTA said:
Your arms must have grown since last time I saw you....Cause now, you're patting "YOURSELF" on the back!... Any truth to the rumor that you're banned from all bicycle shops on the Cape, and have to drive to Boston for parts?

There is no truth to this absurd rumor. There never was or will be again!

Also you have to have long arms if you want to ride Tallbikes or Swingbikes :p . I went to Boston on my birthday, oldman, and went to Harris and that Old Roads place in Cambridge to see what prices they are getting for bikes that I have.

So............. hows your Flatlander coming along?

Pete

Graylock said:
KOTA said:

There is no truth to this absurd rumor. There never was or will be again!

Also you have to have long arms if you want to ride Tallbikes or Swingbikes :p . I went to Boston on my birthday, oldman, and went to Harris and that Old Roads place in Cambridge to see what prices they are getting for bikes that I have.

So............. hows your Flatlander coming along?

Pete
Life keeps getting in the way...We're in the middle of flipping a house (I forgot how "old" I'm getting.)....My Flatlander bike, sometimes I stare at it...The good news. My son and his family are coming over for Easter. He said they're bringing bikes. So we're going to do a Northampton ride.

Quote taken from KOTA’s Sidewalk Scoot thread:

KOTA said:
Thanks for the kind words guys, considering it's not a bike. :lol: And Nick, I'm still going to finish my "Flatlander" bike for the HPV festival in the fall.

Hi Larry, so how is the “Flatlander” coming along?

It talks to me everyday: Finish ME!

Back