The Flat Landers of Ayer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
beauty was the only thing they had .. no lateral strength /heavy /catch the side wind .. i already find a buyer for tomorrow , so my new set would have cost me only few dollar and they will be lighter and stronger :mrgreen:

now i kinda start to feel like an intruder :? you guys are friends from the same place witch is very very far from were i am and you all seem to have finish your projects , i will start a build tread and leave your peaceful thread alone... sorry if i caused any disagreements :roll: .. will post a link if any are interested to follow the project

?? We are ALL friends on this site, and my bike is tsill sitting idle. I for one have no problems with your postings on this thread, keep em coming.

KZ1000 said:
?? We are ALL friends on this site, and my bike is tsill sitting idle. I for one have no problems with your postings on this thread, keep em coming.
i mean close friends "in the same hood" no? cause i wont come all the way to Ayer anyways and i feel like my posts were starting to take half the thread and iam not even half way done
well its to late :| , but ill keep a eye on your builds for sure :)
http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=64929&p=623798#p623798

Should have raked leaves, could have raked a few but I'm kicking this cold (not from Kota) around. I messed with my fenders and took my Flat Lander out cruising the hood. I need to add a spacer to the lower fender mount near the kick stand. Everything else seems to fit. Still plan on adding a lower top tube and tank. Also I was thinking of something up front like a small rack about the size of a ...... six pack :shock: .......attached to the frame. Got to see how the tank works out first. Rides nice and I like the gearing but I'm leaning towards the 2-speed kickback.
FL-12.jpg

Later............

Nice to see the evolution of our Ayer Flatlanders; single-speed or 2-speed kickbacks w/700c, 27” or 26” wheels, clean cable less frames, non-dropbar handlebars, fenders, racks, etc. This is truly, a cool, Expansive Box-Rule concept in riding simplicity and we are privileged to be at its forefront. 8)

Yeah ZL, it has evolution working with us on this type of bike. They're coming out like I visioned them. I'm not sure about we being at the forefront but we are most certainly at it's resurrection. :D I love the ride mine has. That clean no cable look with the ability to cruise the bike trails at a decent cruising speed is what always appealed to me. Well that and those wrap around fenders like my Grunge Rudge.
I'd really would like to bring my Flat Lander to VT this weekend but I think I'll keep it in the hood till I get it painted. It will be my main rider next year for sure.

Graylock

Back from VT, we had a great time watching Tim O'Brien in Randolph at the Chandler Theater and Arlo Guthrie at the Paramount Theater in Rutland. We stopped in at " The Old Spokes Home " in Burlington and bought a pair of white walls for my Flat Lander. These things are cool looking skins for my 27 x 1 1/4" rims. Also picked up some paint at Wallmart (we don't have these Wally Worlds near us).
FL-13.jpg

GL

Nice tires , did you add a middle tube on your frame finally ? i am curious about the color you chosen..

OneHorsePower said:
Nice tires , did you add a middle tube on your frame finally ? i am curious about the color you chosen..
Flat Black........... need to get more red paint for the rimsandspokesandhubs ........ yeah all of it. Also planing some pinstriping tape, 3M 1/8" haven't picked a color yet.

Top tube :D .............. no :cry: much to busy these past few weekends and too dark after work.

GL

The bicycle formally known as “Equipe d’Ayer” and now know as "The Nutcracker" :wink:
Ayerbike002.jpg

Nice ZL. From the new name I'm thinking you have been riding it alot lately :shock: . Or maybe your in the Christmas spirit, hard to say :wink: .
I was doing a clean sweep, so to speak, of my garage this weekend. My wife and I just purchased a T@B trailer that I want to stick inside the two car garage. It seems I have aquired a lot of bike.........stuff that took up way too much space. I tossed a lot part bikes away before I striped them of their goodies. The plan is to back the trailer in by hand and place it sideways in the back of the second bay. This way I can leave my bikes and tools in the second bay close to the door. Ahh... to the chase..... I found all sorts of goodies for my Flat Lander and I put them in a crate to sort through. I hope after the holidays I'll get back into the build. I still ride my Flat Lander and I think I'll name it "The Comfy Cushion"

GL

Graylock said:
Nice ZL. From the new name I'm thinking you have been riding it alot lately :shock: . Or maybe your in the Christmas spirit, hard to say :wink: .
I was doing a clean sweep, so to speak, of my garage this weekend. My wife and I just purchased a T@B trailer that I want to stick inside the two car garage. It seems I have aquired a lot of bike.........stuff that took up way too much space. I tossed a lot part bikes away before I striped them of their goodies. The plan is to back the trailer in by hand and place it sideways in the back of the second bay. This way I can leave my bikes and tools in the second bay close to the door. Ahh... to the chase..... I found all sorts of goodies for my Flat Lander and I put them in a crate to sort through. I hope after the holidays I'll get back into the build. I still ride my Flat Lander and I think I'll name it "The Comfy Cushion"

GL
Yes, I have been riding it lately and I must say that I can’t wait for our Flat Lander ride in Ayer!

What were some of the ‘goodies’ that you rescued? Were there any friction shifters in the bunch? I am always in the market for early Suntour shifters.

Take care of yourself, GL.

ZygoteLittle said:
What were some of the ‘goodies’ that you rescued? Were there any friction shifters in the bunch? I am always in the market for early Suntour shifters.
Take care of yourself, GL.
Yeah I got a few ...... you got a picture of what style? I imagine it's those long metal shifters.

GL

Back