The Galtbacken 18

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Peter, glad you enjoy watching the build progress! :D

I too got some flat spots on this frame, but luckily they're also where they don't stick out like a sore thumb. One is on the underside of the right seatstay, one's on the bottombracket and one's on the bottom part of the down tube. I didn't see them when I shot the clearcoat, I noticed them after the clearcoat had dried. I'm not too upset about them though! :)

I've heard of 2K paint and clearcoat, but I didn't know that it's available in rattlecans! Thank you very much for that info, and please let me know how it works out if you decide to try it on your next bike!

Today I'll try to force myself to make the straps and handles... :roll: I tried to get into gear and make them yesterday evening, but my brain shut down and didn't want to calculate. :lol:

All well!!
Petter

Straps made!
baklykta21.jpg

Time for coffee! :D

the best bike in ratrod, no doubt! amazin man! i wanting to the final pictures!

Getting more amazing post by post :wink:

Paint job is very inspirational, isn´t it great to see how we all help each other to get more professional results on next builds?
You Petter get 1º place on that matter.

8)...been watching this build from the beginning and I'm still in awe with your execution of technique, styling, and overall conception of detail...of the 15 or so builder I like in this forum you're in the top half of my top 5. :shock: Is there anything you can't do?...aside from smelting your own steel from raw iron ore and vulcanizing your own rubber to make tires? :lol: There are a lot of great ideas in this forum, and for me, it doesn't mean too much if the execution in the fabrication is not there. Incredible work... can't wait to see the finished product :D

Thank you very much guys! I'm really grateful for all your kind words and comments!!

Yepp, it sure is inspirational, and it's really cool to see how everybody on this forum can benefit from what each one of us know and learn. It's a good thing! :D
Oh, there are plenty of things I can't do, but I try to put those thoughts aside and keep an open mind about what's possible. Almost like the myth of the bumble bee! :lol:

Haven't done the handles yet. Been busy trying out stuff to make with spray paint! :D Posted what I've been up to in "the other talk" if you're cusious to see! :)

I'll get back to making the handles soon, but I probably won't assemble the bike until I'm back in Karlstad. That's where I'll be using the bike, and I figure it'll be easiest to transport it in the car unassembled and put it together there. It should be finished in a couple of weeks, but I'll most probably start building the next bike before then... :lol:

Thanks again guys!

truely inspirational!

but we've come to expect nothing less from you!
awesome bud, well worth the wait!

Thank you very much, I appreciate it!

Today I made the handles and tinted the rearlight lens red.
The handles will be tied with shoelaces.
handtag.jpg

Hm, looks magenta in this photo but it's really red.
baklykta22.jpg

Those where the last things to make for this build for now, all that's left now is to put it all together! :) I'll do that in a few weeks I think.
Tomorrow I'll start on the next build, turning an ordinary cruiser into a ladies bike. Stay tuned! :D

If they have a website called "Top ten most awesome things you should see on the internet" this would be one.
This is awesome man. Inspirational.
Thank you for sharing

Galtbacken said:
one of my goals is to learn how to make a bike fit someone and at the same time make it nice for the eyes. To me both aspects are important, but if the bike is awkward to ride, no paint or chrome in the world can make it a nice ride. :)
I think you have more than succeeded in blending ''form and function''!!!:D She looks superb! Been enjoying this thread so much, as we all have and learnt so much at the same time, thanks again for sharing :)

Thank you so much Boris! I've brought all the parts with me to Karlstad, so hopefully I'll be able to start assembling the bike this week. :)

68riviera430 said:
If they have a website called "Top ten most awesome things you should see on the internet" this would be one.
This is awesome man. Inspirational.
Thank you for sharing

WORD! :D

:shock: WOW man, the attention to detail, the ingenuity, the quality of work, the welds, the paint, everything about this bike just blows me away. Looks awesome, keep it up!

Thanks guys! :D
I remembered the other day, when I brought all the parts to my place for assembly, that the chainring, the cranks and the brakes need some cleaning before I can put the bike together. One of those chores that are so easy to do another day... :lol: Anyway, I've brought out the chrome cleaning paste and a rag and I'll get to it shortly!! Got to get this bike done to make room for the Whippet. :)

Back