The Galtbacken 18

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Come on man, the suspense is killing me, we've seen the parts. Is it done yet? Well done enough to show us? I know they're never actually done..... :wink: Can't wait to see it together looks great so far.

an amazing build cool bike

Thank you so much for your comments guys! :)

Gdcast, I'm still older than you! :mrgreen:

outskirtscustoms: I really really hope that I'll have time to put it all together this week. I've said that before haven't I?! :lol: Only have the breaks left to clean now, before everything's ready for assembly. Hold on, you'll survive!! :lol:

Cleaned this last week:
Rengjordkrans.jpg

All the tiny little wood chips on the rug are from wearing out drumsticks. That's my drumset rug...I see some vacuuming in my near future. :roll:

Hope to be back with more updates soon!! :D

hello man you are a talent , I like your style you combine classic and modern together
I like your bikes and dont stop to build
after some years your bikes will cost very much . people will appreciate art.
I wish to see your bikes in reality ,and this could be possible because I live in norrköping ,maybe in one day :?: :D

WOW! THAT IS ONE SUPER COOL BIKE. EVEN BETTER YOU MADE IT YOURSELF, THAT IS UN-REAL REALLY!

THANKS FOR THE WELCOME ON MY INTRO POST.

WHAT METAL TUBING ARE YOU USING ON YOUR BIKE? (MILD STEEL, HI-TEN, CHROMOLY) IS IT HEAVY? IT LOOKS HEAVY, NOT A BAD THING. I WOULD LIKE TO TRY THAT SOME DAY.

LOOK FORWARD TO THE FINISHED BIKE IN ALL ITS GLORY.

MIKE-

Thanks for the kind words guys! :D

valy: I live in Karlstad, let me know when you're in the neighbourhood and we could go grab a cup of coffee or something! :)

JML36: I'm not sure what the steel tubes I'm using are called in english, but they're just "regular" tubes bought at the hardware store. Only thing I know is they're not chro-moly. Nothing fancy. :D The bike actually isn't as heavy as it might look, it's pretty much like any other bike. I guess it could be categorised as middleweight.
I definitely think you should give building your own frame a try some day, it's so much fun and really rewarding to see a bunch of tubes transform into a working bicycle! :)

Just to give a little update to where I'm at with the bike: All parts are finally cleaned and I've started to put it together. Not much longer now... 8)

This has to be the most anticipated bike build reveal on the planet!! How do I know that because I (like others) have just read through all 17 pages again!! for the sixteenth time and I am still having a hard time believing my eyes! Amazing job buddy!! Can’t wait to see it all come together! :D

Something just hit me how ironic would it be if the reveal fell on the eighteenth page?? :shock:

Thanks buddy! I'm really grateful for all the appreciation you and all others show for what I'm building. There's a truely encouraging atmosphere around here! :D

This build has surely taken quite a long time, and I'm hoping that it won't be much longer now until it's finished. Math studies has taken alot of my time lately, but I'm really eager to get the bike done! :)

Here's a little sneak peek of how much of the assembly I've got done so far.
Montera1.jpg

What a spacious workplace... :lol:

More to come soon!

Thank you very much!! :D
Your post didn't only get me closer to page 18, but all the way there! 8) Love your design for the t-shirts by the way!

Slowly getting the bike done...

Fenders, check.
Wheels, check.
Bikestand, check.
Brakes, check.
Cranks, check.
:D

Tadaaa!! :D
Frdig1.jpg

I take more photos when there's daylight, right now it's the middle of the night here and I just took this picture in the parking garage underneath where I live.
Oh man it feels good to have it done and out of my studio!! Now I finally have room to turn around again without having to move the bike. :lol:

Thank you all for your appreciative words and encouragement during this build!

Back