The King of Cowley County has left the building.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Dead Man's Hand

What was the cost on that.... I think for my next build I will make a bike where all the chrome parts are copper... And i can do stained glass, so i can fill up the tank area with that to give it kinda a victorian look....

garagegoon said:
What was the cost on that.... I think for my next build I will make a bike where all the chrome parts are copper... And i can do stained glass, so i can fill up the tank area with that to give it kinda a victorian look....

I did a little horse trading for it. I was told that re-chroming a sprocket ran about $40. But I am not sure if this would be more or less.

Kinda like me... add a little suspense... give up some teaser pictures but save the good stuff fer later.... gets um thinkin

Finished up the base coat today. Give it a couple days to cure and then I will start laying out the scallops. I also got the lower end of my springer assembled and I think I like it. Just have to decide how to build the top.
d761b900.jpg

09f35740.jpg

1aaf5130.jpg

me too watching this bike closely i dig what you got going so far. i like the fork but watch out for side flex with those sprockets i used i believe 1/8th inch plate on mine and it worked fine however. well done

Re: The Bike Formerly Known As Dead Man's Hand

This bike has evolved from the original name to the point that it must be renamed. As soon as I return from the vision quest where I am to discover the true name of the bike I will share it with you.

That is one interesting fork design! I LIKE it.....Looking forward to seeing a whole bike profile.

Wow, that copper sprocket looks gorgeous next to the white paint.. is that a bright white, or an off white? It looks like a nice off white in the pic.. either way, this is going to be beautiful.

Thats too bad... I have a nice handlebar mount spitoon that woulda looked good on there...

Back