the sad terrible time has come

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
66olds98 said:
Alright, enough already! Bring on the goods, wheres the stuff for sale?
:? You mean he's selling something???? I thought he was trying to convince us that an 80's POS BMW was a good car! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
L8 EM

ahah
yes i am selling stuff
getting ready to post some pics
and i see no convincing that needs to be done
you guys are just jealous you have a morgae and can't afford a bimmer :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :mrgreen:

moparmayhem93 said:
ahah
yes i am selling stuff
getting ready to post some pics
and i see no convincing that needs to be done
you guys are just jealous you have a morgae and can't afford a bimmer :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :mrgreen:
Is this your first car? I hope you are handy because once you start maintaining this thing and spending twice as much as everyone else you may regret it. And a Beamer will keep you from getting bikes! lol. Good luck!

yes
ino the dreaed cost of a bimmer :shock:
and yes this is my first car
and yes that is why i'm sellin my bikes :D

moparmayhem93 said:
yes
ino the dreaed cost of a bimmer :shock:
and yes this is my first car
and yes that is why i'm sellin my bikes :D
Your buying a car and ive been trying to buy a $2000 computer for the past 6 months(bikes are pretty...Can you blame me for buying em?)

holy moly
iguess this is where we are different
i have a friend just like you
he loves computers and was saving forever
now
to me that makes no sense at ALL
if i had two grand it would be invested in a car in no time flat
i just can't see me putting that much money in something like a computer
it just doesn't click
but hey
were all differetnt

Well, My dad was giving me his van he bought, but hit a deer..thats trashed, which is good(Long story)
So now im supposed to be getting his Lincoln LS, But how can i pick up bikes?
Were probably buying me another van....He says as long as i keep my grades up, i can drive whatever he has, whenever i want.
Thats why i like my $2000 computer...lol(24" iMac 2.8Ghz)

Edit-Btw, im his only son...I got two sisters, Different dads.

i still can't get over that
2 grand on a computer
you no how far that would get me on q car?(well not very far on a bimmer :wink: )
that just blows my mind :shock:

Sorry bud-my house is paid for! And $2000 will be a drop in the bucket when you start bleeding money trying to keep your car running! :lol: :wink:
L8 EM

Two of my very close mates are BMW mechs, and one owns two of his own. Good luck. Star working on the bald patch and saving every single penny etc etc. Why drive when you can ride.

Not to rain on your parade some more but, you should price general maintenance parts for a 3 series BMW. I wouldn't be surprised if a complete OEM exhaust system cost 2 grand. Price things like brake pads and rotors, filters, plugs and wires etc. Sure you can go down to the local muffler shop and have a system bent but they usually don't last near as long as factory. Even stainless will need replacement with time ( the welds compromise the stainless and eventually it fails near the weld). Have you checked how much insurance for a 16 year old is on a BMW? Build a sleeper! My first car was a 1979 AMC spirit AMX that had been used as a race car most of its life. It had a 360ci V8 with a competition susp. and a roll cage! The insurance company thought it was just a 79 AMC spirit. Another car I had that was similar was a 1984 Omni that had been converted to a 1987 GLHS with over 175hp. Again the insurance company thought is was a standard 84 Omni. What ever you decide I wish you the best of luck with it. Car problems kinda suck.

My dad just sold a 70 Javlin about two years ago. He worked for AMC from about 1969 to when Chrysler bought them. We had a Rambler rougue, Hornets and matadors and spirits and jeeps, two Spirit AMXs. One of the AMXs was .... Teagues (VP of styling) company car and was the only one ever built with leather interior and no graphics on the exterior.
Sorry Mopar for kinda highjacking your thread. Have I talked you out of a BMW and into a Gremlin yet?! :D

AMC gotta love em, I once had the pleasure of riding in one of the fastest AMC,s produced...69 Rambler Scrambler built by Hurst a friend of mine picked it up from this kid who's dad purchased it brand new and the kid wore it out delivering Dominoes pizza with it. So my friend rebuilt the 390 and I got a thrill ride before he sold it man that thing was fun.

Latest posts

Back