SWB0 U-Haul State Core-Line

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The BF Goodrich bike I passed on just showed up on Facebook in the Old Bikes Club group.
I’m happy with the photo memory.
IMG_5472.jpeg

Last edited:
Picked up a pair of Blackspire (Made in Canada) pedals, pretty beefy and a close match to the lime green frame color. Might be too much green though?
IMG_5434.jpeg

Last edited:
Picked up a pair of Blackspire pedals, pretty beefy and a close match to the lime green frame color. Might be too much green though?
View attachment 258063
Personally, I usually try to match colors on the seat, handlebar grips and pedals. Bonus points if the tires match too.
That said, I'd say they're worth trying. It may be too much green and it may not be, but you usually won't know unless you try it. As long as you got the receipt and are able to return them, I say there's no harm in checking them out.

IMG_5504.jpeg
IMG_5503.jpeg
IMG_5502.jpeg
Added the “Canadian” green pedals, bell came off. Too wet out to take it out and get mucked up.

Last edited:
I've always be partial to flats and platform pedals. I like the looks of those.
Thanks, pedals are in place.
Personally, I usually try to match colors on the seat, handlebar grips and pedals. Bonus points if the tires match too.
That said, I'd say they're worth trying. It may be too much green and it may not be, but you usually won't know unless you try it. As long as you got the receipt and are able to return them, I say there's no harm in checking them out.
The pedals are installed, trying not to build a clown bike with all the color but this multicolor handlebar wrap had caught my eye prior to the pedals. Probably a bit much, but an idea.

IMG_6913.jpeg

I’m ready for spring!!!
3K views…

Last edited:
IMG_5519.jpeg
IMG_5520.jpeg
Got a longer reach Tektro rear brake caliper. I switched them out. The quick links I have are for multi speed chains and skiptooth, need to find some KMC 1/8” type in order to add a link or two for the wheel to move for more clearance.

IMG_5518.jpeg

IMG_5521.jpeg
IMG_5522.jpeg
Installed the Tektro brake caliper and one chain link which opened up the space between the seat tube and tire. It also allowed brake pads to be adjusted to wheel brake surface. Have one loose hair in brake cable to take care of.

IMG_5525.jpeg

IMG_5527.jpeg
IMG_5528.jpeg
Picked up the multicolor bar wrap…half way like to put it on but the adhesive is a bear to remove it if I change my mind.

Personally, I like the grips better than the wraps for anything off-road. The more shock they absorb the better for me.
The current VO grips are comfortable.

IMG_5542.jpeg
IMG_5543.jpeg

Spring is in a hurry to happen here but most likely a faux one.
IMG_5541.jpeg

IMG_5558.jpeg
IMG_5551.jpeg
IMG_5555.jpeg
IMG_5552.jpeg
Still tinkering with this. Waiting on a 18T freewheel to arrive. I removed the 16T that came with the bike. So when USPS finally delivers (4 days late) I’m ready to go if something else doesn’t come up.

That's the ticket. Liking those grips!
They are a bit lighter than the pedals which are lighter than the frame so they would create three shades of lime green. They do have little skulls or aliens in the grip design, rat rod points. Lime Shades of Green indecision here.

IMG_5559.jpeg
IMG_5560.jpeg
IMG_5561.jpeg
IMG_5562.jpeg
IMG_5563.jpeg
The 18T freewheel arrived today from Phoenix Arizona to DesMoines Iowa and back to Kansas. No wonder why postal costs are expensive. Anyway the cog is in place, wheel back on and chain and brakes adjusted. All is well, 2 extra teeth smooth out the pedal stroke for my old legs. Still have good wheel clearance.

Thinking I’m about ready to call this done…but I’m undecided on solution to handlebar finish…wrap or grips.
Some of you have chimed in previously. At the present the honey brown grips are in place and would work but still have these other options.

Feel free to voice your opinions…
IMG_5431.jpeg

IMG_5527.jpeg
IMG_5528.jpeg
IMG_5415.jpeg
IMG_5542.jpeg

Also had a set of black Vans on at beginning.

Last edited:
Back