(WBO) Bhuzzard

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Notches to clear the frame? I remember you saying it was a close clearance on the inside, chain to frame, so it ain't goin' on the inside of the frame... over the outside looks cool tho. I like it!

Carl.

Notches to clear the frame? I remember you saying it was a close clearance on the inside, chain to frame, so it ain't goin' on the inside of the frame... over the outside looks cool tho. I like it!

Carl.
The notches where there for the original pedal side use. These guards where never meant to go inside of a frame. I suppose the way that I'm using it (backwards and on the motor side of the bike) it would be possible, but it lines up parallel with the chain the way it is now.

I still haven't addressed the chain rubbing the frame, but I'll get back to it soon. I find myself swapping from one thing to another before anything gets finalized. For me it's like sweeping everything to the middle as I move around this build. Yesterday I received a fender brace from Kempracing that I have already started messing with while the chain guard still sits unfinished! So much to do!

That's exactly what I thought. Only I thought that it would be great for the engine chain!
Here's the latest...
100_8659_zpsf46070d0.jpg
My first thought when I saw this was how cool it would look with a gauge face in those neat circles.
old%20gauge.jpg

Lovin the build so far. That engine side chain guard is Sweeeeet!

Since I tore the dropouts on that motorized aluminum cantilever frame, I've beet trying to decide what todo with my skyhawk. (Coaster brake arm tore in half when that happened) .

This build gives me many ideas For that future build.

They do make a hd drum setup for the engine side, freewheeling and solid Sprocket attachments. Thinking when I get back to that bike, will lace one of those up For it.

Thanks y'all! Roadwarrior, that gauge idea would be really neat for the steampunk bike I've been wanting to build.:cool:

The brace from Kempracing is taking on a new assignment for this bike. No longer will it be in charge of keeping fenders out of trouble. Instead, it will serve as a crash guard for the Bhuzzard tank.:)

The pinch weld seam around the tank has bugged me since I first saw it. I knew that I'd have to do something with it from the beginning. Eventually, after several other ideas fell away, it dawned on me to use a fender brace to create a sort of belt line to beef up that thin edge. Not only does this resolve my issue with it, but it also ties everything together with the rest of the bike. I love how the fenders and the chain guard create a long horizontal line from bow to stern, so the idea is to pick up on that design cue with the line running parallel on the tank.

I wasn't sure how cooperative the brace would be while reshaping it to fit the tank, but after some patient persuading, it's already beginning to look like I had hoped for!

There is quite a bit more to do, but I'm very happy with how it's going at this point! Here's the initial fit.
4daf2aa2-9241-49f9-84a0-988b472f1010_zpsfgncl57z.jpg

TRM....The following question deserves another thread, but here it goes...

Will it be able to burn a high-octane alcohol fuel?

Back