(WBO) Bhuzzard

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TRM....The following question deserves another thread, but here it goes...

Will it be able to burn a high-octane alcohol fuel?
Hey here is a ? that I can answer , yes you can as long as you bump the main jet hole size in the carb up by almost double that of a gas carb , you can run it on methanol and the motor will run much cooler than on gas , spent many years racing a go kart with my son all over the USA and we ran briggs motors on straight methanol , guess now you know where my name here on RRB's came from

Hey here is a ? that I can answer , yes you can as long as you bump the main jet hole size in the carb up by almost double that of a gas carb , you can run it on methanol and the motor will run much cooler than on gas , spent many years racing a go kart with my son all over the USA and we ran briggs motors on straight methanol , guess now you know where my name here on RRB's came from
Yeah but ain't a Briggs & Stratton a 4 stroker? What about a 2 cycle?

Carl.

I bounced back to the chain guard for a minute.

Obviously the original mounting is of no use and has been removed, so I started fabricating my own brackets. The first one is done. There happened to be a notch in the original guard right where I needed to add a bracket, so I made it fit the space and connect it to the seat post. After it was mounted, I decided that it'll need another one like it on the bottom of the guard. I wish that I had thought of that before cutting out the first one and saved a little bit of time by making two at once.
Chain%20guard%20bracket_zps8ac91sbx.jpg

You can see in these pictures how much of the guard sits over the engine. It's not very much (about 1/4") but it's enough to cause the crank to hit.:( I'm thinking about heating the crank arm and bending a slight dog leg into it to regain the clearance that it needs.

Has anyone else out there done this? Any advise is always appreciated.

Last edited:
The guy next door did that to get a 4 stroker to fit... looks hack cuz it wasn't a "clean" job. You can get three piece cranks that are made like that, and they look great but they ain't cheap. At... that website I messaged you... That said, I think if you had a long touring bike crank, the bend wouldn't take much out of the "throw." It'd still feel right instead of feeling like a small crank. You know what I mean?

Carl.

I believe that the small amount of bend that I would need wouldn't change the length by much. Besides, I had given thought to using a short crank from a child's bike even before I had a problem.

I don't intend to do very much pedaling anyway!:)

This crank came with the B6 I bought at my swap. I was told it had a motor on it at one time.

c119abd0c1256ee589c839e25f563ed7.jpg

Since that crank was way to far bent. I used another I had and just bent it a tad bit myself.

22c2793f1c9ab8213569fafb6753b1cf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well ..................methanol will kill ya'! I have been timing my race track in the garage with the door open and still get fumed out very quickly!:crazy:

I still think alcohol is cool too!

Oh ya , you don't run them long inside the shop , your eyes will water and it makes it hard to breath , there were times with my son racing the go karts in the line up area with 25 or 30 karts running it would get really bad and that was outdoors

Funny how the smell of burning methanol gets addictive, huh?

The chain no longer hits the frame! :)

I made a tool similar to the one suggested by GuitarlCarl (back on page 3) that c.p.odom made from an old set of vice grips. It wouldn't budge the tube without some help from a blow torch (courtesy of my cousin Charlie). After a couple of times of squeezing the red hot metal, it was left with a dimple deep enough to allow the chain to easily pass. Problem solved!

Dimple_zpsu6mszkvy.jpg

There's at least a 1/4' space between the chain and frame now.

Dimple2_zpst8rvojs2.jpg

Back