Weird people on Craigslist - Tell your story

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i was selling a victorian couch a couple weeks ago on CL and this guy or girl names Fekki Tunji emailed me this.... :lol:

"hello.....I really appreciate your response to my email.and am very sorry for the late respond I want you to consider it sold, pls do withdraw the advert from craigslist to avoid disturbance anyways I don't have time to come over to take a look because of my Business schedule but you don't need to bother your self with the shipment,I'll take care of that by engaging the services of a mover, hence I'll be sending a check and it will be delivered to you via United Parcel Service,so I'll need you to provide me with the following information to facilitate the mailing of the check....

1.Full name on the check.
2.Full Physical address to post the check
3.City, State and Zip Code
4.Home & Cell Phone to contact you."

hahh yeah, ok.

well if there's someone dumb enough to write that and think it's gonna fly, there's someone even dumber to fall for it. What's the world coming to?

ive got a guy right now thats bugging the crap out of me (got my number off a craigslist ad) but i think he really just wants to talk bikes ... while im trying to work, have supper , watch my kid, sleep, etc... i try to be nice to everyone and this guys done nothing wrong except call and call and call ... im talking 8 calls in a day at all hours of day and night. its like talking in circles...

Ouch that's why I never give a number on an add, and only give them a cell number so you can turn them off

schwinnmesa said:
outskirtscustoms said:
I think I got the weirdest one yet! I was selling something on craigslist the week before Halloween (don't remember what it was) but I had a large dog at the time and used to scoop the droppings into a 5 gallon plastic bucket and had that bucket of dog poop in the background of the picture of what I was selling. Someone actually e-mailed and asked if they could buy the bucket of poop.....blank. Never thought I'd ever get $20 bucks for a big bucket of Dog poop.

ROFL!!!! What is he going to use it for? :D Hilarious! Thanks for the laugh. :lol:

I remember a couple years ago seeing an auction on eBay of this guy trying to sell a shoebox full of little dog turds. In his description he said that his friend made a bet saying he couldn't sell dog turd on eBay... the bet was for $100. I watched the auction end and the bidding went up to $51! So that's $100 from the bet + $51 from the buyer = $151 all for selling dog poop on eBay!

It's amazing that you can actually sell that crap, literally! :lol:

There was an interview on daily planet, bout a girl who'd made her fortune selling pooh.
"boy friend cheats on ya" ya pay her to send him a pag of pooh. neighbour keeps you up late at night, send him a bag of pooh.

she even did different kinds of pooh (old/wet and runny/large and small dogs etc etc)

This woman was sending out over a 100 bags of pooh per day and peeps where paying her to do so. :)
guess she had a freezer full of pooh and collected it every morning. eventually, she had to pay others to collect it to keep up with the demand.
Crazy i tell ya.

This wasn't exactly a Cl add but I answered a grocery store index card about selling old bikes, so it turns out this guy has just collected everything , till his wife kicked him out of the house, so he is staying at a friends house with the majority of his stuff (good friend) ,first off he is living in a fifth wheel with his dog,and 6 cars,boat, bikes stuffed in the shed,12 foot tall pile of bikes in this tarp building sharing space with a 30 ford carcass he said he had his good bikes in the attic but he hurt his back and couldn't get to them, but the few he had he was off base a little on price I thought, two girls 26" one had a tank and fenders 50's but was rough dented $100 and then he had a mens frame, wheels looked similiar to a dx but I forgot the badge he wanted a $100 on that too but I figure I will wait till his back feels a little better, and see what else he has. when I left he handed me his business flyer "handyman ,moving,trash hauling...call.. " I don't think his back is getting better any time soon :shock:

Almost all the replies i get from craigslist are spam. I tell people in my ads to send their phone number and put what item they are interested in with their reply. That eliminates the email spam. I live in dope addict central however. I had a nice lawnmower on craigslist for $350 cash only no less. I have a guy email me about it. I sent my address and phone number and told him to call before he comes. About 10 minutes later a trashy , rusty, hillbilly van pulls up honking their horn. Its the idiot for the tractor. I was mad but blew it off because he was supposed to have $350. This guy checks out everything and then some, had me show him how to work it, mowed most of my yard, looked it over some more. Then he tells me he has $25 and asks if i would take that. I was about to knock some sense into that guy, i didnt though. I told him dope is bad, go to rehab and get out of my driveway before i have you arrested for trespassing and tow your trash mobile. The next day , the guy emails me again seeing if i would take $30. He emailed me on a lot more stuff bugging me. I eneded up just blocking his email address. Thats just one story. I have sold thousands of items on craigslist and most of them have been good deals.

"ohhh, i guess thats why they call it dope." :lol: sorry to hear of your idiocy problems. try terminators, they might help. but they'll have to come back a couple times. :wink: :p

I just got an e-mail on one of the bikes I have listed and all it said was "I'm looking for a good deal". :roll: I replied vaguely, "You found one". :mrgreen:

lol, I tell you speaking of C-list lately there's been some deals on my local C-list, (Indiana) Wish I had the cash to grab a few. I mean there's a nice 30's elgin on there right now looks like new for $225, pre-war Cadillac, old schwinn 5 speed with suicide shift $100, a scwinn hornet tank bike, what ever these are for $20
http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/bik/1911129755.html
and $175
http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/bik/1910705615.html
Columbia 3 speed $85 the hub is worth $65 and it looks really nice
http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/bik/1909018835.html
I mean there are a lot of nice bikes on there, so anybody from Indiana here looking for bikes get em whale they're cheap.

I was looking to buy a swing set from a lady, so I wrote that I would like to come look at it, and ask "Where is the swing set located?". I kid you not, she replied, "Its in my backyard."
And she was probably thinking, " that idiot, it's sure not in my kitchen."
I didn't even reply to tell her an address would have worked.

I'm currently trying to score a couple bikes from a woman on Craigslist, but she doesn't seem too anxious to sell. It's been three days of texting now.
She only responds to every third or fourth text, and the response is as short as possible, without addressing the entirety of any previous texts.
I've asked her several times to call me, but she won't. I also left messages for her and her answering machine message is in plain English, so she doesn't seem to have a problem with the language.
Some people are just screwy...

Back