Weird people on Craigslist - Tell your story

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ratfink1962 said:
Real frustrating situation...

Got a guy that lives in my town that keeps posting parts and stuff for sale, no phone number listed in the ad, so I use the email link. The guy NEVER emails back, Ive been trying for weeks to get ahold of him. He posts in a bunch of different catagories with all kinds of stuff for sale, but he wont return emails I suppose.

I even went so far as posting an ad to get his attention so that he would hopefully get back with me.... TWICE so far... no luck. Since he posts the same stuff over and over you would think a light bulb would go off and he might realize he cant sell anything if he dont communicate!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

At this point I dunno what to do, Ive tried emailing him from a different address to see if it was just me that he was ignoring, but no luck there either. Plus Ive seen others post on CL with the same frustrations, he has something they want, but no contact info. :roll:

Ive been trying to watch his postings and see if the ones he actually posts pictures in has something in the background that is familiar, my town is fairly small, only 9-10k residents and Ive lived here all my life, so Im hoping to catch a glimpse of something familiar. I just dont get the game this guy is playing??

This guy is STILL at it, he just posted all the same stuff again yesterday.... what a tool :roll:

Tweek said:
This probably isn't the right thread, but I have seen a thread here talking about some of the crazy pricing on CL. For $250 the bike could at least come with both grips.

http://daytona.craigslist.org/bik/1977641858.html

dude I've found better Schwinns than that in JUNKER trucks and scored them for $5 or LESS!

Tweek said:
This probably isn't the right thread, but I have seen a thread here talking about some of the crazy pricing on CL. For $250 the bike could at least come with both grips.

http://daytona.craigslist.org/bik/1977641858.html
:? If I was in my car, and I wasn't busy, I'd probably pull it from the trash. :| Sometime later, I'd probably throw about half of it back. :p

My craigslist rules:

1. Deal locally
2. NEVER give a phone number in the ad. Exchange a few emails first and go from there.
3. Use only an email account that is for craigslist
4. NEVER have anyone come to my house

I would much rather drive to meet someone in town than to have someone that's unstable come to my house, see what's here, and possibly return later to rip me off...or keep coming back when I reject their offer.

This process has kept my craigslist adventures 100% problem-free.

Excellent advice long&black. I have violated rule 4 at times, but I certainly agree with you completely.

Good advice. I always have people come over to my house and the only downside is sometimes people just randomly come over if they want something, even on a Sunday afternoon once while I was eating dinner with company over. :roll: I've had hundreds of people come over and with numbers like that, one is bound to be tempted to do wrongdoing eventually. However, I think they'll all think twice. My whole property is an alarm with this big & bad German Shepherd. :lol: Her name is Kassie and she's not social. 8)

dsc00585o.jpg

bring her some bacon and youll get away with anything! :lol:

back when i was looking for a truck i found a 1996 chevy p/u in mint condition for $2000 so i called and got directions to go look at it a few days later i went to the address and there it was sitting in the driveway the owner comes out hes like 16 17 . his parents are sitting in the back yard throwin me scetchy looks so i check it out and its mint he gives me the keys i start it and it also runs mint so he offers for me to test drive it which i didnt cuz it was in that good of condition i whip out the 2 grand cash and he wont sell it im like what i didnt try to talk him down or anything what did he just want to see what it might feel like to sell it what a weirdo and a waist of my life ?????????

Some old people need to get off the Internet and stick with Bingo, I swear!!!

I have this flat panel TV on Craigslist and a lady gave me her number about it. Of course I called her and she was giving me sob stories and why I should lower the price just for her and so that the TV would have "a better home." She also complained about the rising price of gas and how she has to drive a couple miles so that would make sense for me to lower the price thirty times as much it would take her in gas...

So this old lady requests me to give dimensions of every single way the TV sits. She asks me how long I've had it, where I got it, and how much I paid for it. Of course I didn't answer how much I paid for it... "No, lady... that's personal." People are nosy!!! She finally popped the question, "Did you steal it?" Pffft, I told her no. She finally let me go because "she didn't feel right." Old ladies, I swear... some old ladies great!!! Don't get me wrong. But others just need to shut the computer down and never, NEVER open up Internet Explorer again!!!

Remember -- there is no such thing as stupid questions, only stupid people.

Edit >> I just reposted the ad and the same lady contacted me thinking that she had never replied to the same ad just an hour before... poor lady. Horrible memory I guess. Granny better be laying off the drugs!

I used to work for a towyard, and the guy who owned it used to sell cars on craigslist all the time. He used to always complain about how no one ever read the ad, and asked questions that were clearly answered in the ad. So one time he put an ad on there for a Honda that read something like this:

"93 Honda Accord - *DOES NOT RUN*

This is an ad for a Honda Accord that does not run, and I don't have any idea why it doesn't run. So once again, IT DOES NOT RUN, and I DON'T KNOW WHY. We have a valid title, but the car doesn't run & I don't know what's wrong with it. By the way, did I mention that that car DOES NOT RUN? and that I DON'T KNOW WHY? because I don't. I just know it doesn't run. It has a NON-RUNNING inline 4 cyl, and an automatic transmission. And it doesn't run. And I don't know why, so don't ask. $500 obo"

So what do you think 80% to 90% of that callers asked?

( 1.) Does it run?
( 2.) What's wrong with it?

I just read through all the pages and it was fun. Some scary things tho. People can be really weird.
I had something happening to be recently. I'm selling this good condition Huffy LeCross which is an older hybrid. It's tuned up and ride well. I'm asking 40 for it which I think is a good price for this bike. Someone e-mails me saying that he is living in the city (I live out of town) and that if I want him to buy my bike I should make the price 20 or deliver it to him.
I replied that I couldn't make such deal.

Back