"WISE GUy" DONE!!!! 7/31

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: "WISE GUY" Mockup #2 new profile 5/20

Maybe your right on the bars, I think once I get the wheelset , frame extensions and the seat mounted I will have a better idea on setting up the bars , I need to finish building up a bmx bike for some friends, so I can focus more of my time on this.

Re: "WISE GUY" Mockup #2 new profile 5/20

I got a few things done today,some I wanted to get done , Some I want DONE!!! first off is this little Walgoose frame that I have had sitting awhile ,just because I thought it was a cool looking frame. So I am building it for a friends grand daughter, I picked up these mags I was going to use for a project , then it started messing with them and well they just seem cheaply built ,so I figure they would be better on a kids bike anyways, so this was my first two hours piecing this together, then I pulled out my fork and after breaking most of my cheap drills I got one side done,then I figured I would wire wheel off some rust and then 3m pad it little more.I get a call from inside the house someone dropped a bike off in the drive way, nothing too exciting till I seen the stem, ACS score!!! Yesterdays project , I tore down my bendix on my old Musclecar bike build (Hemi W/A Dana),and one the little tiny gears came off somehow inside the hub and was making this clunking noise, and I
thought something the Dana was making the noise so I pulled it off and put a regular crank on it, basicly extra work that I didn't need to do. Tommorow I will go to the labor board and see if I can get the money my exemployer owes me , so another day shot ( unless I actually am able to get money) :shock: not holding my breath..
001-20.jpg

002-18.jpg

003-20.jpg

006-10.jpg

007-11.jpg

004-15.jpg

005-14.jpg

Re: "WISE GUY" Some Progress,More Distractions 5/24

looks like a productive day to me. good luck tomorow!

Gold Street Customs said:
Thanks, hopefully get the other side done tomorrow, I still need to spend some $ for aluminum for my tank panels that will be drilled to match,( I guess it would help if I was working) :lol:
My forks are NEGATIVE trail. I wonder if those are POSITIVE trail.....Looks COOL!

I went to the labor board hearing yesterday, the defendant never showed, so good chance of winning the case , now just a matter of collecting whats owed, so I will get back to building today, hopefully my welder friend will be home today.

Dropped wheels off at the welder today, cross my fingers he has no problems, He actually has a machine shop in his garage, specializes in rebuilding old Triumph flat track bikes, very cool pics on the wall, (will take some pics when I pick the stuff up) he wants me to get his old roadmaster Mt bikes on the back of his motorhome roadready,not my favorite stuff to work on. Then he tells me about this bike under his house if its worth messing with, I tell him I guess I can do something with that..... Aluminum Trek roadbike will post in fresh finds later, I could have got it for free but I told him I would clean it up and split whatever I get once its cleaned up and checked over, and I got my fork finished yesterday, so a little more progress.

Re: "WISE GUY" Slow & Steady 5/27

Just got back from a day trip this weekend, to celebrate my 9 year wedding anniversary, we went thrift store hunting and antiquing , will post some finds when the camera comes back,and my wheels are supposed to be done today (fingers crossed) hopefully new updates Wednesday.

Re: "WISE GUY" Slow & Steady 5/27

Well I finally made a little more progress first off I will show some parts I received lately, and my led tailight conversion, 1st the stem I bought this bike for,
007-13.jpg

2nd is the seat arrived,
010-9.jpg

008-11.jpg

and finally my mini update
012-7.jpg

WHAT DID I DO!!!!!
013-6.jpg

OFF
014-4.jpg

ON

Re: "WISE GUY" Let There Be Light 6/8

WOO HOO got my wheels back from my buddy, here's a couple of pics from his shop he works on his sons flat track Triumph's and does other machine work. I'm still in the mockup stage but getting closer with my sprocket arriving and my wheel able to mock up a little better, I still need to relace to center the hub but I think it may clear. The original plan was to add plates to extend the back out and I still need to find a stem that places the bars lower,that will fit the diameter of the bars (mt bike stem I had didn't work), enjoy :D
001-23.jpg

002-21.jpg

003-23.jpg

004-18.jpg

Here's the view from his back deck
005-17.jpg

006-13.jpg

007-14.jpg

008-12.jpg

I think this rack found a home
009-10.jpg

Re: "WISE GUY" GOT My Wheel back update 6/10

I haven't made too much progress, I started to relace the rear wheel, and I am getting pinstriping donated, :shock: by a friend who had been painting for 35 years ( he has about 7 flamed mailboxes on his street that he has painted and sold) I sold some diecast to him and told him about my build ,he's like "bring it by bro" that works. Now I have to attack my wifes wagon as the waterpump went out ,always something :cry:

Re: "WISE GUY" GOT My Wheel back update 6/10

RECEIVED MY HEADLIGHT TODAY,,, I like it,,,,alot, I don't know what it came from but it looked like a truss bar mount it has red and green jewels that will light up when the headlight is on, I also picked up some junk that will be used sometime if not in this build.1 belt,2.flat screen tv mount 3. bottle spouts the tv thingy has some great plate steel for $1.50 and the aluminum wheel thing ,my gears are still spinning.but here's some pictures of my madness....enjoy
001-24.jpg

002-22.jpg

003-24.jpg

004-19.jpg

I like how this fills in the space of the tall stem.
005-18.jpg

The wheels will be black with the grommets of an undecided color .
006-14.jpg

007-15.jpg

008-13.jpg

Re: "WISE GUy" Coolest Headlight Update 6/13

I am "enjoying"...can't wait til you get the rear tire on. This is what a build off bike is...LOW buck, HIGH imagination.

Thanks KOTA , I think the biggest hinderence is gas money to drive to the LBS , I don't have the tool to remove the free wheel cluster , so thats on hold, and I am still on the lookout for some free sheetmetal, It will come , thats what faith will do :wink:

Gold Street Customs said:
Thanks KOTA , I think the biggest hinderence is gas money to drive to the LBS , I don't have the tool to remove the free wheel cluster

I bought a little tool for about $5 that removes Shimano freewheels and it has in the last few weeks removed about 10, well worth the money.

So the headlight lights up green and red on the sides... like port and starboard? I think you have a boat headlight... which would be AWESOME!

Back