"WISE GUy" DONE!!!! 7/31

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: "WISE GUy" chainguard update 7/1

Chainguard & chainring are awesome! I'm also diggin the invisible spokes! :lol: 8)

Looking good. 8) Cool chain ring, unique!
The holes remind me of the straight front axles of the '60s Gassers that they'd lighten up.

Looking forward to seeing it with wheels, hubs and invisible spokes :lol:

I have been stuck for a moment, I needed to find the right stem for the seat post, stopped by Charlies Bicycle Hut, basicly this 70 year old gentleman that builds bikes in his trailer park and sells them, mostly stuff I wouldn't mess with , but once in a while he comes across some cool stuff ( he's the one I got my pro class wheels from) and he ended up giving me a Kobe roadbike that has just the stem and I am waiting for my spokes to come in to the LBS.

Ok got the rear wheel laced, not fun!!! the spokes that I got set up with were to short!!!! so I decided to make the best of what I had so now its a three speed :shock: I also got my disc brake tab welded up to the fork and since I only have an arc welder , it got hot and warped on the fork , so I pulled out the mad mangling vice and hammer and crowbar :x :( :roll: :shock: :? :!: :!: :D she's like factory now. I have pics but I will wait till I get done with the paint for a serious update ...coming soon!!!!!!

Re: "WISE GUy" BIG update coming soon 7/11

First off is the seat post, sacrificial Kobe road bike I will sell whats left if any interest.
001-27.jpg

002-25.jpg

This is somewhat what I am ending up with,
006-16.jpg

Next is my home made brake mount with my ugly weld,
003-27.jpg

And somehow its gonna work :shock: (notice how the disc matches the pattern on the previous picture of the sprocket)
005-20.jpg

I finally got the lacing done on the rear wheel, just need my inserts and I will be ready to mount up the slick.
004-21.jpg

AND NOW THE PAINT!!!!! TEASER SHOT!!!!!
007-17.jpg

008-15.jpg

I'm afraid to put it together, I think I need to move so I have a place to park when its done...

Re: "WISE GUy" COLOR 7/12

Wow! That's some nice paint work.....Color looks great with the black rims.

woww poop that looks good ok spill the beans what is it>?

DonQui said:
Like this build!
I love that paint!!!!

+ 1
paint looks great. Looks like it's going to be a great bike.

Very creative Jim, I can't wait to see this bad dude live in color!

druggedonions said:
DonQui said:
Like this build!
I love that paint!!!!

+ 1
paint looks great. Looks like it's going to be a great bike.

+2 That IS a great lookin bike! 8) :mrgreen:

Ok first off this is the hardest bike I have ever had built so far , the biggest thing is nothing went together like planned ( and its still haunting me). the color was some left over paint that a buddy had, he paints and builds custom Harley's , I told him what I was doing , he says what color are you doing, and well this is what he had, so he helped me with a killer paint booth and free paint and instruction. Its not perfect ,but it will do, its black base coat with candy black cherry with a pinch of diamond dust (pearl flake).
Here's the brake mount before I have to grind putty out of the holes to mount the caliper
001-28.jpg

Coming together, wheel is close, and I need to modify the top bearing cup ( of course I didn't have cups when I got the frame so I robbed them off my Elgin, something else to go find now :x and of course it got scratched a couple places already :x :cry:
002-26.jpg

003-28.jpg

I was told it was a Columbia ??? but I had this badge laying around , so it may end up here
004-22.jpg

The grips are probably temporary, and the seat post needs a little more fab to drop lower, and the crank isn't wide enough to thread the lock nut on ,soooo need to ravage my pile for a wider one
005-21.jpg

So this is one of todays projects a little copper tubing and a little muscle.
006-17.jpg

Re: "WISE GUy" ROLLER 7/15

THAT PAINT COLOR IS SWEET!! GOOD CHOICE CUZ I HAD THAT COLOR IN MY HAND BUT DIDN'T VISUALIZE IT ON MY BIKE. BUT IT WILL BE ON MY NEXT ONE. :mrgreen: KEEP IT UP...GTB !!! PEACE

Re: "WISE GUy" ROLLER 7/15

dude u bringing it? wow how many build off bikes will be there?

Latest posts

Back