Dutch lowrider to be

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been thinking about building a lowrider for a while now, and seeing all the cool stuff that's been made here, the itch got worse. I wanted to do it this summer, I have time off, and it would be really nice to have it finished before the FBI in Amsterdam (end of July)...
So here it goes, I'm posting this so there's no return :)
745786993_9824b6931a.jpg

Got this cruiser of collegue Karl.
745787017_17f93e1078.jpg

Got a 24" girls bike of our bassplayer.
745787087_90fbc973c6.jpg

Bit of cutting...fitting... I want it to be long, low AND rideable.
745787115_6960f08283.jpg

A bit of fooling around with an extra tube...
745787129_193629fc11.jpg

First sort of a mock-up. I think this is how it's going to be.

DUDE THAT IS FRICKEN AWSOME!!! i cant wait till my junior year, i get access 2 welders and all that crap GAH Cannot wait.

Whats your band called?
Mark, we're called The Debbies, but we changed it resently to Die Deborahs.
It sounded too much 'fun-punk', and we play indie-rock...

I know what you mean Rickster, I couldn't wait to have time off and start building! :D

Hey Kev, you're back! :lol:

thats a fridge, i thaught it was like a boxed in ceiling support in a building..
DONT ASK! :lol: :lol:

Really like the lines of this one. What are your plans for the seat and crank....is the crank going to be where it looks like?

Thanks very much guys! I quite like the lines myself :D
If it's one thing I learned from this build, it's that I should be a lot more precise about where to cut and how. I thought I could fix everything with welding, but since I'm not much of a welder, I'm gonna do a lot of grinding :? :D

What are your plans for the seat and crank....is the crank going to be where it looks like?
Slims, the seat is going to be right on the seattube, close to the rearwheel. The crank is going to be as far to the front as possible, within the frame (perhaps you can see in the first few pics I made, when cutting up the frames...)

I'm still in doubt about if I want to use a derailer (5 speed gear, make a nice shifter, but only have v-brakes at the rear,'cause the springer fork has no lugs..), or use a rearwheel I have with a coasterbreak...

For a paintjob I want to go for some antique-ing (antiquing?), give it an old, rusty look.
Ofcourse I'm open to suggestions
:D

Dude! i love it! Wicked lines. Do u see many customs where ur at?

Latest posts

Back