Dutch lowrider to be

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah Kev, there's still a lot of work to be done on it, but it's so cool to ride it already!
I hardly see any customs around here, Rickster. There are a few (organised as SWAT, check their pics:http://www.swathengelo.nl/) in the next town.
But other then that.... That's why I'd love to go to Amsterdam at the end of the month, supposed to be a huge cruise!
Thanks for the nice compliments, guys!

I had to strech my legs riding the bike a bit too much, so I welded a custom seat-pen. Had my buddy Erik fix the horn I want to use.
Then I hired two guys to do the paintjob....
800251332_326d47d69a.jpg

And with a little help they did fine :D
800251512_6875eb1c0b.jpg

Easy, the bike looks great. Nice clean frame design.

Maybe you can get a shot of you sitting on it sometime to see how it looks when you are riding it. I'm trying to imagine my back being able to handle a ride on it but maybe you don't have to lean over too far.

Steve, did you catch the Rat Rod Bikes shirt in Easy's picture!

Thanks RatRodDad! I didn't quite know what to expect, but I think it's a pretty comfortable bike to ride. I just put the crank a bit too much forward, so I made a seatpost with an angle, so I'm sitting just in front of the seat-tube.
I don't have to bend my back more then on my cruiser. I'll try to get a pic as soon as it's back together again :D

Something about seeing the shirts show up in photos across the big pond is just way too cool. :wink:

Love the bike!

Easy Skywalker said:
I'm off to merry old England tomorrow, so my bike(s) will have to wait a week to get finished... Later!

Tip...Tip..
Cheerio,

tooodle loooo, :lol: :lol:
we need Picture of a Royal Gaurd at Buckinham Palace
wearing a Rat Rod Bikes T-Shirt ( AND SMILING ) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Kev.

Great shot Easy!!!

Man, the bike turned out really nice....you do good work!!!

Now shoot some sweet photos of the bike so I can add them to the new upcoming gallery. :wink:

very cool!!! I may have to "borrow" your idea!!! in the pics of the painting, I noticed your fenders and seat post are blue.....what happened?
Looks Great!!! :D :D

Thanks guys!!!
Mark, the blue was just for the two small pinstripes on the fenders.
I had the frame primered by my boys. After that I used Kev's antiquing-method (kiddy-paint), white, then orange, and rubbed it off with a brillo-pad. Couldn't find a flat clearcoat, but came across some weird stuff which not only is flat and hard like a rock, it also makes a kind of structure...

I didn't use the wheels I intended, cause I didn't like the idea of having a derailer. Took the wheels out of our blue 'EasyBike'-cruiser...

Back