(Class 1 MBBO#4) Cycledelic - seat fabric lol

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ooooo! Hydrographics would be cool!

Luke.
Yea,that's what its called. Hydrographics.
Water wrap worked tho,you all knew what I was talking about. Well....

Oddjob,water graphics is kinda like water slide decals and a full vinyl wrap combined. Kind of. Anyway it's a cool process I'm sure you've seen,but don't realize it.

You'se guyz are close, but I can't even imagine getting the wrap to go around the tubes...

Carl.

....Spin art!?...Haha! Now I'm talking real 60's county fair stuff. Prob too far back for you young-uns....but, it is definitely psycho-delic!
Man now I've got an idea.
I wonder how many colors plastidip comes in.

I asked ya all back in post #3... Can you smell the Borax?
I'm thinkin' Black, Blue, Green and maybe just a bit of Red and Yellow.
(That spin art is a cool idea though) ;)

Carl.

You'se guyz are close, but I can't even imagine getting the wrap to go around the tubes...

Carl.

That's the whole deal with the hydrographics. It's a film suspended in water that can wrap around a complex shape. Like this.

bike%20frame%20carbon.jpg

Carl.
That's the whole deal with the hydrographics. It's a film suspended in water that can wrap around a complex shape. Like this.

bike%20frame%20carbon.jpg
I wondered about that too, actually considered it for my wheels... but Chad's post looks like it works!

Looking forward to whatever it is you are doing Carl!

Luke.

Swirl Dip Paint! :wink1: Cause that would be psychedelic.
Yeah Kevin figured it out...
Google you up some
Borax swirl paint jobs...

Carl.

My youngest said, "You oughta practice on a guitar, Dad." I told him the bike was practice for a guitar...

Spin art would be killer on a guitar. My kid did some of those at art camp this summer.

Look forward to seeing what you do with it on a bike.

Edit: Saw you were talking about the swirl dip so I googled that. That swirl dip is awesome!

Looks like you'd need lots of paint?

Spin art would be killer on a guitar. My kid did some of those at art camp this summer.

Look forward to seeing what you do with it on a bike.

Edit: Saw you were talking about the swirl dip so I googled that. That swirl dip is awesome!

Looks like you'd need lots of paint?
We'll see, I haven't done it before, but the whole idea with the Borax is to get the paint floating better. I have some other pieces to dip too, some are obvious, like the fork, others will be a cool surprise.

Carl.

Latest posts

Back