(Class 1 MBBO#4) Cycledelic - seat fabric lol

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We'll see, I haven't done it before, but the whole idea with the Borax is to get the paint floating better. I have some other pieces to dip too, some are obvious, like the fork, others will be a cool surprise.

Carl.
Looking forward to it! :cool2: = COOL!

Luke.

I'm using this frame and fork, and I want to run a skinny front tire,
but which stance is better?

The front wheels are mockups, rear rim is the one, still sourcing a tire...

Carl.

I think I found my dunk tank...

Carl.
Reduce,re-use,recycle.

I'm using this frame and fork, and I want to run a skinny front tire,
but which stance is better?

The front wheels are mockups, rear rim is the one, still sourcing a tire...

Carl.
The tiny front wheel throws it off a bit, I'd go with the first pic.

I like the 16 inch...or use the 20 with a shorter fork.

So what all do you fill the tank with? Mostly water with the borax and a little paint? I can't imagine filling a whole garbage can with paint. You gonna dip a guitar while you're at it?

Either the 16 with that current fork, or the 20 with a shorter fork would be my choices...

Even better, throw some @KOTA bends in that fork to lower the front and get that 20 further out the front!

Luke.

I'm imagining a black skinny tire with the 20" wheel in the front....if you go with the 16 and a skinny black might have a dragster look to it, and like Luke said, rake the forks and it would be really drag! Depends on your vision for the overall build...these frames are cool!

I'm imagining a black skinny tire with the 20" wheel in the front....if you go with the 16 and a skinny black might have a dragster look to it, and like Luke said, rake the forks and it would be really drag! Depends on your vision for the overall build...these frames are cool!
Yessir, I'm liking the dragster look. May tweak the forks some like Luke said, and today I found this...

Already stripped down, got a few parts, I'm now halfway to a set of butterfly bars, got a nice front rim, a fork cap, and I'm brainstorming the trashed polo seat...
I wish the Carlisle tire wasn't splitting but It gives me an idea of about how the size tire I want will look...
Now I gotta find me another set of bars with a bend at the grips greater than 90 degrees...

Carl.

Now I gotta find me another set of bars with a bend at the grips greater than 90 degrees...

Carl.
Old ten speed/drop bars/racer bars are the go for that! They are usually 160-170 degrees or so... I chopped a set today to build my looptail stays and have another pair waiting for when it is time to build my bars...

Luke.

Old ten speed/drop bars/racer bars are the go for that! They are usually 160-170 degrees or so... I chopped a set today to build my looptail stays and have another pair waiting for when it is time to build my bars...

Luke.

Ah but I need that straight part before and after the bend...
to do the Screamer style butterfly bars...

Punch list at less than a month in...
1. Paint (go get some Borax)
2. Bars (find another set of bars with >90 deg bends)
3. Tires (I'm really diggin' Cult gums w/ blackwalls)
4. Seat (polo anyone?)
5. Shifter (yeah that's a major hurdle for cool factoring)

Carl.

I do believe Luke was right...
That's the stance I want. Chain stays just at level.
(top pic that is after tweaking the forks)
note the chrome front rim... even the raggedy Carlisle tire fits the look.
Bars are the right size too. (in my mind)

Carl.

Awesome ride :cool2:, love the stance

Ah but I need that straight part before and after the bend...
to do the Screamer style butterfly bars...

Punch list at less than a month in...
1. Paint (go get some Borax)
2. Bars (find another set of bars with >90 deg bends)
3. Tires (I'm really diggin' Cult gums w/ blackwalls)
4. Seat (polo anyone?)
5. Shifter (yeah that's a major hurdle for cool factoring)

Carl.

I have a similar list. More Bananas and more Apes top mine and a Stick shifter for that S.A. Hub.

Building... riding...

Back