(MBBO#04 Class 2) PEDRO. (PEDRO GOT A NEW OWNER!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like we are fairly split between 2 and 3 so far... Be interesting to see where we end up...

Use the force Luke, it will tell you how to build your bike.

Sorry, I couldn't stop myself.

Looks like we are fairly split between 2 and 3 so far... Be interesting to see where we end up...

Lol. F. I am really liking this funky frame!!! Lambo Pedro sooo fits the build. This one is FUN!

Ok, for your consideration, some drawings...

Current plan:

21048559774_fb0c7a4cd4_z.jpg

Mini sissy:

21678363635_7eec71ca6c_z.jpg

Tall sissy/headrest:

21490510848_4a34b7b028_z.jpg

Just for a laugh: Chopper top:

21652279176_6bdc9a02f8_z.jpg

I think I will just have to make up my mind when the canti bars are done and I have a rolling bike. Then I can take a pic of how is actually sits and draw stuff on that with paint.net.
Currently I am feeling that one of the first two will work the best...

Luke.
LOVE IT !!!! (Shorty-Fatty) 1st one is safest to get on n off , but 2nd is coolest IMO ... 4th is epic! but very unpractical i think

Yes!! That's it. Half High . Although your frame is gonna look much better. Can't wait to see this build done. It's gonna be great!
HalfHigh is very cool, glad you think mine is up there with it! :thumbsup:

Nice! :bigsmile:
Lol. F. I am really liking this funky frame!!! Lambo Pedro sooo fits the build. This one is FUN!
:thumbsup:
You're using a skateboard for the frame of the seat, right? Built in ducktail...

Carl.
Good thinking Carl! The dip towards the front is the curved bit on the skateboard, but I could split it half way along and flip the rear up... Something to think about anyway!
If I were riding it
I would say, #4;
Keep the Sun off ,
my bald head.
I like #3 my self . This is what I would call a laid back fat fink !
LOVE IT !!!! (Shorty-Fatty) 1st one is safest to get on n off , but 2nd is coolest IMO ... 4th is epic! but very unpractical i think
Tall Sissy!!!
Go with #3!
Still 2 and 3 leading the votes, with an occasional 1 or 4 for good measure...
My personal feeling is 1 or 3, but that may change as I get closer an see how it sits in real life. I may even end up with a 2.5 (medium sissy) :crazy2:

Thanks for the awesome comments everyone, you are helping to make this build the most fun I have had in a while! :dance2:

Luke.

Did some work on the rear triangle/stays/looptail/canti bars today, it is coming together nicely!

Started with the donor pieces:

21535709308_ce5a3c3c0a_z.jpg

A set of drop bars, some BMX bars and the length of hand bent 22mm or 7/8 tubing...

From that I made these loop tail and seat stay thingys with sleeves inside all the joints for added strength:

21536480209_35e480a937_z.jpg

21102311313_1c8c64a540_z.jpg

The top after the curve in is where the final pieces of canti bar will attach and run up to the headtube.

Then on to making the chain stays and joining them on, here they are ready for the final weld to join the top and bottom stays:

21100612534_0729a75b3e_z.jpg

You can see how handy the build board is for making sure of all the angles before tacking:

21723323305_ee8db7cbd4_z.jpg

From there I ended up with this:

21535374600_0edbe292f9_z.jpg

That was it for progress today, as you can see the sun was setting. Here is a pic of how the rear section fits to the frame:

21535463518_545f1a8531_z.jpg

Lots of cutting, sleeving, welding and sanding today, but it is coming together nicely! ;)

Luke.

HalfHigh is very cool, glad you think mine is up there with it! :thumbsup:

Nice! :bigsmile:

:thumbsup:

Good thinking Carl! The dip towards the front is the curved bit on the skateboard, but I could split it half way along and flip the rear up... Something to think about anyway!

Still 2 and 3 leading the votes, with an occasional 1 or 4 for good measure...
My personal feeling is 1 or 3, but that may change as I get closer an see how it sits in real life. I may even end up with a 2.5 (medium sissy) :crazy2:

Thanks for the awesome comments everyone, you are helping to make this build the most fun I have had in a while! :dance2:

Luke.
I like Carl's thought with just accentuating the positive...use the ducktail of the skate board and carry that line up just a bit with a low / med height rail. And I had seen that blue bike at one time too...before my habitual RRB days!

A really quick and dirty paint.net mock up of how it looks all together, it looks far better in real life though!

21733768631_4113e79b5b_z.jpg

Luke.
Luke, you are building like a man inspired! I know you have a timeline of sorts as you mentioned from the start. I hope you get to see this through by then....it is really coming together nicely! Still don't see how you manage in those flip flops though....:crazy2::bigsmile:

Luke,
Awesome job so far, it's looking great, I find myself constantly checking your thread to see what's next. My bike feels so pedestrian trying to do a factory build (not really tracking parts still isn't easy) but you and other MBBO builds have inspired so many ideas I can't wait for upcoming builds to try them out on. I'm really making the wife nervous Haha!

I missed the front lip of the seat turning down, makes sense though, who wants to sit on a skateboard seat with the sandpaper side up...

Merle.

Luke, you are building like a man inspired! I know you have a timeline of sorts as you mentioned from the start. I hope you get to see this through by then....it is really coming together nicely! Still don't see how you manage in those flip flops though....:crazy2::bigsmile:
Luke,
Awesome job so far, it's looking great, I find myself constantly checking your thread to see what's next. My bike feels so pedestrian trying to do a factory build (not really tracking parts still isn't easy) but you and other MBBO builds have inspired so many ideas I can't wait for upcoming builds to try them out on. I'm really making the wife nervous Haha!
Wow man, it's looking awesome and really coming along.. i'll throw a vote in for a seat just like on your board or about a #2 I reckon..
Glad you guys are enjoying it!
I do have a shorter timeline than the others in the build-off, although that may be changing, it is still up in the air though, so I need to build, build, build in case it does end up that short...
I grew up in the tropics @OddJob, we basically lived in flip flops and shorts, if you could imagine welding all day in Florida would you rather wear heavy boots and socks or flip flops? I guess I just got used to the "free toe" life!
Really looking forward to your builds you have planned @Old Scool!
Thanks for the vote @Monstaah!
I like Carl's thought with just accentuating the positive...use the ducktail of the skate board and carry that line up just a bit with a low / med height rail. And I had seen that blue bike at one time too...before my habitual RRB days!
I missed the front lip of the seat turning down, makes sense though, who wants to sit on a skateboard seat with the sandpaper side up...

Merle.
:bigsmile: There will be plenty of padding on that seat! Ouch, can you imagine the grip tape ripping into your legs as you ride... :blackeye:

Luke.

No big work today, but did design the dropouts, I had a few different ideas that were easier to build than these, but didn't give me the look I wanted.

Going to cut these from 4mm plate:

21560522868_5da303fb1f_z.jpg

Here is how they will work:

21736885542_646ac91443_z.jpg

21561209288_341f7b9ba9_z.jpg

Lots of cutting and grinding to make them, I can already feel the itching from all the grinding dust that will be involved. It will be worth it though, should look good. :thumbsup:

Luke.

No big work today, but did design the dropouts, I had a few different ideas that were easier to build than these, but didn't give me the look I wanted.

Going to cut these from 4mm plate:

21560522868_5da303fb1f_z.jpg

Here is how they will work:

21736885542_646ac91443_z.jpg

21561209288_341f7b9ba9_z.jpg

Lots of cutting and grinding to make them, I can already feel the itching from all the grinding dust that will be involved. It will be worth it though, should look good. :thumbsup:

Luke.
elegant shape , if you ever get a flat tire , can you slide the axle out like motorcycle wheels ? , i vote wheelie bars :rockout:

Latest posts

Back