Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. bebopblu

Whizzer....resurrection

Hello Driving my wife to the doctors...late as usual...and I see a scrap metal truck on the side of the road...grabbing some ones metal chairs. Strapped across the back of the truck is this Whizzer. I said to my wife..." holy crap ! That's a Whizzer !..and he is headed for the scrapyard !!! "...
  2. bebopblu

Whizzer find

Driving down the road… saw a scrap metal truck with this Whizzer on the back. The guy was making his last pickup and headed for the scrapyard !! Gave him $100 for it and gladly took it off his hands. Badge is missing.. not sure the make and year of the frame. Also how do I determine the year and...
  3. bebopblu

Springer fork help needed

Hello..have been out of the Ratrod loop for awhile..discovered cigarbox guitars and was building those for awhile ..now back to the bikes I am not sure how to properly bolt this springer to the wheel to allow movement..problem is the axle..if i tighten wheel the way its set up there is no spring...
  4. bebopblu

Parade Bars, Fork Threading Tool, White Pedals

Starting to clean out the collection to finance a dual sport bike. Watch for much more after these. First is a set of what I think are called " Parade Bars" ??? Came off my 52 Black Phantom. I dont think the reflectors are vintage. One bar is missing the round bracket at one end. Asking $50...
  5. bebopblu

42 Speed Master for sale

One of my Ratrodbike Build off bikes. A 42 Speed Master with Skip tooth and blacked out parts. All original except that I added a Shimano 7 speed hub (still kept the skip tooth) and nice wheels to handle the hills here on Long Island. Included with the bike are the original wheels and hubs...
  6. bebopblu

Motorized Worksman (pickup only) LI,NY

Motorized Worksman bike (Made in USA) with heavy duty Worksman front wheel and drum brake. Big spring Brooks saddle and a custom leather wrapped gas tank from a RRB member. Bike runs good but keep in mind that these bikes require regular maintenance and tinkering. Email me with any questions...
  7. bebopblu

(WBO) 58 Schwinn Deluxe Hornet 3/29/15...Whewww !! DONE !!

Hello Could not stand being on the sidelines during this build off as I had to drop out of the summer one due to poor timing...some call it procrastination :) I bought this bike one year ago from the original owner in January and posted in the Fresh Finds section. She has been waiting...
  8. bebopblu

2 CWC builds..Finally an update and road test !

So....here we go...Bike #1 was supposed to be in this years build off but I had to pull out because I knew I would not meet the deadline. This is a 1942? CWC Speed Master serial # A04410. This is a lightweight (my only one) with blacked out parts. I plan on a complete cleaning followed by clear...
  9. bebopblu

The SPEED MASTER...1942 CWC...pulling out of the build...good luck to all

This will be my 3rd build off bike and am really excited to watch,learn and get hundreds of new ideas from all of the other awesome bikes we will see this year. My first build off was a 49 Schwinn heavy weight....the second was a 59 Columbia middle weight.....this year will be a 1942 CWC Speed...
  10. bebopblu

Talk about your bells and whistles!!!!! But is it worth it???

Local CL listing....very cool Monark....tooo much for me though http://longisland.craigslist.org/bik/4445438795.html
  11. bebopblu

Dyno Moto 7...somebody should grab these!

Hope I am posting in correct place...just saw that I should not post others adds in the CL section..... would like that somebody that reads this forum gets these very cool bikes as I am out of room and $$$ Guy says he has a pair, black and red, they have 7 speed hubs and tons of other cool parts...
  12. bebopblu

58 Deluxe Hornet..Got it!!!!!

Have a chance to get this 58ish Schwinn Deluxe Hornet from original owner. Has all the goodies, tank, fender light, front springer etc. I really dont want to over pay on this as funds are low. While I have not yet seen it in person, looks like a good cleaning and some new tires and she will be...
  13. bebopblu

Cool Tail Lights..with link

Got these awesome LED tail lights off ebay...they are inexpensive and come in several colors. The light has 2 modes, steady or blinking. I think they have alot of potential for a build...just thought some of you might be interested
  14. bebopblu

Just can't pass one by...54 Hornet

Even though I have no more room, I just can not stop cruising Craigs List. This one was 10 min. from my house so I had to go take a look. Decent original paint and a springer fork. Wiped some dirt from the chain guard and can see the Hornet name. Took her home for $150 which I think is pretty...
  15. bebopblu

Shelby Traveler...whats a fair price???

This Shelby is for sale near my house...looks to be Late 30s???? Covered in a layer of rust...hardly any paint poking through. All chrome is shot..BUT all the parts seem to be original and I love the frame...I think the guy is asking WAY too much at $950!!!!!! What would you pay for this...
  16. bebopblu

'59 Kolumbia Klunker

Before After
  17. bebopblu

Free is GOOD !!!! :)

This is another CL find from a couple of months ago..These were listed for $50 each so I went right over. When I got there I saw that the bikes were way more rusty than the photos showed..I told the guy I was not interested due to the heavy rust. He told me that I was the only one that had...
  18. bebopblu

CL find-my first JC Higgens

Took some time out from the build off to check out this Craigs List ad. I ignored it for a couple of days because I have no more room for another bike. Finally I shot the guy an email to see if he still had the bike and to my surprise he did! Although I thought he was asking too much for it...
  19. bebopblu

Black Phantom..awesome buy..missed it :(

:cry: :cry: :cry: Since I can not check Craigs List at work I check it as soon as I get home every day. Have had some great finds and have missed some great ones but this miss takes the cake!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: Called the owner and he said it sold an hour after he posted it and I was...
  20. bebopblu

'59 Kolumbia Klunker..Test ride...and DONE !!!

Removed a little to get right to the build
Back