Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. old_skool

RED ZEPPELIN

Well, I guess I'll throw my hat in the ring... I haven't made any specific plans yet, but here's what I've got to start with: a red circa 1937 Wards Hawthorne "Zep" style sport/fastback frame
  2. old_skool

Redline MonoCog 26"

Got this one shipped to me last week... an early (2003-2004) Redline MonoCog 26" single speed BMX/MTB The previous owner set it up for trail duty - Race Face forged alloy cranks, Easton bars, FSA Pig headset, cross country wheels and tires, etc. It's 4130 chromoly steel frame and fork, but...
  3. old_skool

LaJolla aluminum frame 26" cruiser $99 at Walmart

Not really a "fresh find" but a great bargain on a decent looking chain store bike IMHO... 8) Bought this online late TUE night and it arrived by FRI... shipping was only .97 cents and it was well packed (double boxed) The welds aren't the prettiest, but it seems sturdy and it's a nice...
  4. old_skool

Diamondback Voyager - anybody have one of these?

Pretty cool looking Diamondback MTB/Cruiser from the late 90's... aluminum frame, 21 speed, v-brakes, etc. Looks like a comfortable ride! 8)
  5. old_skool

Madwagon cruiser

Just picked this one up yesterday... a freewheel single speed cruiser with v-brakes from the now defunct Madwagon Bikes Vintage look and feel, steel frame, alloy wheels, rides nice and is not too heavy - like a BMX 26" cruiser, but with better brakes. Maybe I'll throw some knobbies and a...
  6. old_skool

BMX cruiser style Schwinn Sting-Ray

Put this 20" BMX mini cruiser together for my 9 year old today with parts I've accumulated over the past couple of months... I started with a made in China repop black Sting-Ray Krate I found at a local thrift store for $10. I think it's one of those Walmart Black Friday specials from...
  7. old_skool

96 Murray USA 6 sp cruiser/klunker - 1st build

Got this 1996 Murray from CL a couple of months ago and finally gathered the parts needed for a cruiser/klunker style makeover... It was stored in a garage and not used much, so the OG paint and all the other parts are in great condition Here's a progress picture - removed the chain...
  8. old_skool

1996 Schwinn Cruiser Supreme

Got this from the bay about a month ago... a 1996 bike shop Schwinn Cruiser Supreme 1932 style camel back frame with modern braze ons, 6 speed, cantilever brakes, alloy wheels, alloy crank arms I know it's an Asian made import, but it's actually a very vice riding bike. Only thing wrong with...
  9. old_skool

Santa Barbara Cruiser Run 2012

One of the guys over at BMX Museum posted a bunch of his pix from the 2012 Santa Barbara Cruiser Run http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=443869 Worth a look if you like BMX style 26" cruisers - lots of vintage Schwinns, Lagunas, Champions, you name it!! Maybe some of you were there?
  10. old_skool

bitten by the bike bug

I've been riding bikes for on and off for decades, but lately have really gotten into tinkering with them. I especially like the looks of BMX cruiser/klunker type bikes, but anything that is older (or retro) is appealing. It started with my Dad giving me his old Columbia mountain bike, which I...
Back