Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. c_bishop

Convert Cottered crank into One-Piece crank

Yeah, I've been looking around and found some BMX 3 piece cranks with drive pins that look like they might fit my chainwheel. I think this might be my best best, I'm just being cheap and wanting to use what I have lying around.
  2. c_bishop

Convert Cottered crank into One-Piece crank

I have a 20" frame I am currently working on which came with a 3 piece cottered crank. I have a really cool solid sprocket (thanks Dingo!) and 1-piece crank I want to get in there, but it just won't fit. Too tight! Has anyone had any luck filing down the insides of the BB shell to expand the...
  3. c_bishop

VOTE HERE! - RRBBO3

There are some amazingly creative minds up in here. This is the first build off I've been around to witness and my socks have been knocked way off. I'm going to need to start planning right now for next year.
  4. c_bishop

The Rocket

Thanks, I'm pretty proud of my first attempt.
  5. c_bishop

The Rocket

Oh yeah, and if you guys know something I should be talking to my landlord about, please let me know. Fast! :D
  6. c_bishop

Help me out...

yeah I'm excited about the possibilities, and a little excited to scrub it down today and see how clean I can get it. It's going to need a little Liquid Wrench to get started, but I rode it around the day I got it and it still cruises. A little noisy though. Appreciate the help and any other...
  7. c_bishop

The Rocket

I am going to try and not be offended that you guys think I would spraypaint a bike in a basement near a hot water heater without proper ventilation. I know I am new here and you guys don't know much about me yet, but come on! :D I just hung the frame, etc. in the basement to dry. I built...
  8. c_bishop

Help me out...

So I just picked this little guy up while on a roadtrip. I got it from a guy who acquired it at a swap meet, and he posted an add for it in the RatRodBikes forum. He didn't know much about it, and I now know even less. I really liked the shape and rat styling of the bike but I have never...
  9. c_bishop

The Rocket

So this is my first bike project. It's been more than a month now and I'm about ready to ride. I finally got the chain on today (after my LBS gave me a old short chain by accident) and took it on the road. I took the bike apart, stripped off all the paint and got to work. After I spent...
  10. c_bishop

Cut Steering Tube on new springer fork

I think i'm just going to leave it. Gives it that unfinished, raw look. Hey, its a rat bike right? Maybe I'll cut it off later while on the bike if it really gets to me. Now if I can just get rid of their logos they have stamped right on the front mount...
  11. c_bishop

Now I see what you guys are saying, just took a little extra visualization power since I don't have the fork with me right now. Thanks.
  12. c_bishop

Thanks for the tip cashman, I didn't think about putting the race on before I cut. CCR, I don't think I understand what you are saying. If I don't need to cut, I don't want to, and I want to make sure I am not missing something before I do and I cut too low.
  13. c_bishop

I purchased a new 26" chrome springer fork from bicycledesigner.com and the steering tube is too long. I need to cut off a couple of inches from the threading and was wondering if anyone had any tips. I want to cut it in the best way possible to maintian the integrity of the threading so I can...
  14. c_bishop

New guy from the Mitten

That Rollfast does look like the spitting image of mine. Thanks for the help! Also, schwinnmesa, I live in Ferndale, MI.
  15. c_bishop

New guy from the Mitten

Hey there, new guy coming in from The Mitten (Michigan). I just bought an old Sportmaster cruiser a few weeks ago and I'm hooked. By the way, anyone that can give me some information about my Sportmaster (maker, etc.) it would be greatly appreciated. The guy I bought it from had no idea, and...
Back