1950 CCM "Victoria"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your comments are always appreciated, thanks folks. :D I put the name of the bike on the chainguard which I kept the original finish on. I printed the letters using photoshop on some clear masking film. Cut up the letters and painted with the same rattle can I used for the rims. I then added some gold highlights and wet sanded the entire thing. It doesn't show too good on the picture, but I went for a rough look to match the finish of the chainguard. My son thought I found a chainguard with "Victoria" on it and he figured I was real lucky. He flipped when I told him I had painted that on the original. So I guess I accomplished what I was setting out to do. Kinda weird to screw up the lettering on purpose, not used to that :mrgreen:

IMG_0840.jpg

very nice Gerry!

xddorox said:
I put the name of the bike on the chainguard which I kept the original finish on. I printed the letters using photoshop on some clear masking film. Cut up the letters and painted with the same rattle can I used for the rims. I then added some gold highlights and wet sanded the entire thing. It doesn't show too good on the picture, but I went for a rough look to match the finish of the chainguard.
I don´t believe you. No how-to pictures, no glory. :mrgreen:

Hugo

Sorry guys, this build is turning out to be very special and I can't stop myself to take pictures while doing the work. I don't want to break the flow. Call me selfish, but this one is just special for no apparent reason. Next step, the seat which I do have pictures of it being torn apart, but no promise of building pics. I'll try real hard...promise. :mrgreen:

Beautiful job on the chainguard. I understand about this not wanting to interupt your flow when working.

I stripped the seat from it's original busted up cover. I bought a leather jacket from the goodwill store for $8 and used a sleeve to cover up the seat. Just shot some 3M 777 glue on it and covered it. Shot the seat frame with some clear lacquer and voila, done. With the seat on the bike I had a chance to try out the seating position and it sucks! I'm looking at replacing the original moustache handlebars. Not bad for my very first seat cover job. Spendometer is now at around $78.

IMG_0783.jpg

IMG_0843.jpg

IMG_0847.jpg

Good job D, U have one of the nicest bikes in this build off.

yes, you've done a great job with this one man. I love the graphics you laid on the chainguard, they look legit. The seat looks really good too, what kind of glue did you use for the cover? spray adhesive?

Wow, that is cool. I love the striping, the chain guard is unbelievable and the color is perfect. I was thinking of getting a leather jacket from a second hand store and do the seat and chain guard on my bike, but my bike won't have a chain guard. :lol: Beautiful work!

Latest posts

Back