1950 CCM "Victoria"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so far i must say that this one is my favorite! :shock:

Thanks for the great comments guys. The only thing I need to find now are spokes for the rear wheel. I have bought a black leather jacket at Goodwill to cover my seat and I have to mix a batch of one shot paint for the lettering and pinstriping on the chainguard. I have one surprise left up my sleeve, but I'm keeping that for the very end of the build.

Haven't got the time to get my spokes yet or remove the gob of bad paint on the rim to build the rear wheel. So I cleaned and re-assembled the crank and BB. Again, found CCM stamped on just about everything.

PICT0055-1.jpg

PICT0056-1.jpg

De greased everything fist with Lemon Pledge furniture polish. Scrubbed everything with a wire brush with some Mother's polish on the brush, scrubbed again with steel wool and Mother's polish and finished off with a Kiwi polishing rag and again Mother's polish. My left hand would like to remind everyone to wear gloves when using a wire brush...ouch!

Kiwi is a brand of shoe polish here and they also make a special rag to polish your shoes. Something I picked up in the military. Nothing is better to make a spit polish on your boots. A polish that would even compete with the best clear coated black paint job. The logo is the bird and not the fruit btw. :D

Kiwi's all over, Dad taught me how 2 shine my boots when i was a young boy.. Well im still young by all of yur guys standerds :mrgreen: But i agree, Nothing looks better than a spitshined boot.

Very nice stripping, really fix the bike nicely. Can't wait to see it finished.

So I used my usual educated guess work to build the rear wheel in regards to spoke length. I thought it was all cool and I had found the spokes in my spare pile. Free parts, great!...NOT, 3/4 of the way in the lacing process I realize pretty fast that the spokes are too long. So I went ahead and finished lacing anyways to at least get a mock up of the rear wheel. It will give me the motivation to visit the roadie LBS to get the proper size spokes and I'll even shell $ to get new nipples. Can't win them all I guess.

Canon-3.jpg

Thanks Hooch, as usual no shipping to Canada, hoooooo! That's too complicated or they charge you an arm and a leg. You get the package home with a $0.68 stamp on it after paying $10 of shipping. The bay is making my blood pressure rise more and more. I'm even considering pulling the plug on selling. :x

Like one famous mouse once said: "if at first you don't succeed, try and try again." Well I pulled some spokes from a couple of MTB wheels I had on the side of the gears and it actually fits! The wheel is pretty straight as well even at half tension. So here's where I am so far. Still need to put those wheels in the truing stand, finish the chain guard, redo the seat and take care of that extra accessory.

Canon003.jpg

Canon002.jpg

Canon001.jpg

Back