1950 CCM "Victoria"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Gerry you are getting good at this! looks great man!

Thanks for the comments guys. My goal is to achieve a "Victorian" type of look, hence the design chosen for the pinstripes. Kustom type stripes would not have worked with this theme. I have to stick with sharp and not too curvy lines. I was lucky to still have some Ivory color One Shot left. White stripes would have stood out too much. I promise an article on this in the build blog of this bike. Start saving road kill squirrel tails if you want to make your own brushes :mrgreen:

That pinstriping looks pretty good to me. I like the whole look going on too.

I belive that you were a firefighter. I'm an EMT and you've got to be a bit off your rocker to do either.

xddorox said:
Start saving road kill squirrel tails if you want to make your own brushes :mrgreen:

"Where I come from, there are no cool squirrels like the ones you guys find at the dump. No squirrels, no gophers, no weasels, nothing." :D

Hugo

Started on the front wheel today. I rebuilt the front hub with some help from a steel brush, steel wool, Kiwi rag and Mother's. I first wanted to rebuild the front hub out of principle since I wanted to keep as much of the original bike as possible. Now I'm real happy I did. This hub amazed me from the moment I opened it. I was expecting ball bearings to remind me about the law of gravity, but they actually sat in a crown. It was also cool to find "CCM" stamped on just about everything, from the axle to the bearing cone. One cone has some pitting in the race, but the rest looks good. I bought some paint, but I have to go back since they are completely off for the color match. I want the rims painted the same color as the frame.

PICT0056.jpg

PICT0065.jpg

PICT0067.jpg

Built the front wheel this evening after trying 3 times to get the right matching color. Bought 2 Tioga City Slickers, but I'll have to return one to get a 26 X 1.5 instead of the 26 X 1.95 for the front. Not enough clearance in the fork, the frame is ok however. Spendometer went from $0 to $60 in a flash!

Canon041.jpg

Next to the old wheel, I think I made the right choice :D
Canon042.jpg

Mock up of the rear just to check clearance, I'm good there.
Canon043.jpg

Latest posts

Back