Meet Virginia, Smooth Bahama Blaster, Lake Loafer, Pirate's Princess, Whiskey Girl

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woohoo!
20190904_200316.jpg

Man, I'm excited about this new seat...err saddle.
But I gotta tell ya, this thing's as hard as a rock!

I wanted black, with the chrome springs. That's the look I wanted to match this bike. And the price was right on the black one.
But if I ever buy another leather one it'll be the aged tan as I'd hope that it's softer right outta the box.

This is a really cool saddle though. Not nearly as big as most cruiser seats. I'd say the size is just right.

Gonna go try and put it on now. I think the guts from the seat that's on it now are for a single rail. I'll flip the guts upside down so they'll be tucked up in there a little.

Just a few more trinkets to finish'r off now.
Gotta get a smaller chainring so I don't accelerate so much in first and flip it tryin to wheelie.

Gotta go get a couple more laps in on the Brooks. Really surprised that this turtle shell like saddle is so comfortable.

I’ll concur with the others on the break in on the Brooks. Takes a while, but when it does break in...hoooooweeee is that thing comfy! Your butt will thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Takes ~100 miles to start breaking in...don't forget your proofride :thumbsup:

Def wanna butter it up with the proofride (was trying to remember what that was called)..Should have got a tub with it if it's new I think?

Bike looks good. Nice work.

Def wanna butter it up with the proofride (was trying to remember what that was called)..Should have got a tub with it if it's new I think?

Bike looks good. Nice work.
It just came with a little foil packet. One time application.
Tried to buy some at a couple of LBS's, but not stocked. I'll order some. And maybe the cover too.

Oh..and thank you. I like it too.
Wouldn't mind some tallish moto bars though.

Virginia wanted something shiny for her back end.
20190906_224459.jpg

More pirate stuff.

And oh no! Shells!
20190906_225011.jpg

Dang girl! Take a bath before you go showin all your wares.
And those shells gotta go!

Last edited:
That headbadge work is killer! I stll have yard sale belt buckle that i thought would make a cool badge. But yours is so much cooler.

20190907_004637.jpg

That headbadge work is killer! I stll have yard sale belt buckle that i thought would make a cool badge. But yours is so much cooler.

View attachment 103737
That's cool! Pretty scary.

I was looking for a Captain Morgan belt buckle, but never found one.
And belt buckles are way hard to bend.

This little trinket I just bent with mah fanger...and then hot glued it in place.
Probably still need to go back and clean up around the edges. I'll get it in the daylight when I can see better.

Thought about trying to mount some red leds or some little fake rubys in the eyes. But time is short and it just seemed like too much fluff.

Last edited:
Lord forgive me! For I know not what I do...I have created a monster!

Now Virginia's gone from pirate's princess to thinking she's some kind of Carribean Queen!

Latest posts

Back