Show us them cars!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
outskirtscustoms said:
Looking at those last two it is amazing how far the automobile has come in the last 84 years. I'm still of the firm opinion they need to bring back chrome on cars though.

Chrome is already coming back, yes its on cheap plastic but chrome nonetheless.

partsguy said:
Chrome is already coming back, yes its on cheap plastic but chrome nonetheless.

Yeah that's what I mean... Chrome plastic does not = chrome to me. Then there's these others that chrome the whole car which in my opinion is worse like these:
chrome5.jpg

This is what I'm talking about. Real chrome and stainless, beautiful works of rolling art made back in the time of real American engineering, real chrome, real steel, and cars with sexy style
just dripping off of every beautiful curve on the car. Gorgeous cars like this need to be re-made. I do like the newer T-bird, Challenger, Camaro, and Mustang though but they need to bring back more
retro styled cars, Especially the Firebird, El Camino, the bigger like '62 T-bird, old style '59-'64 Impalas, Stuff like that.
Cadillac-1959-rear.jpg

Plymouth.1959.sport.fury.concept.08.jpg

1959_chevrolet_impala-pic-44807.jpeg

1957-chevy-bel-air-chevrolet-archives.jpg

Not to mention they gave you an actual interior rather than now days the seats look and feel like office furniture.
c412-dash-remote.jpg

Years ago I thought it would be so cool to chrome a whole car, but back then the only way possible was to have dip tanks large enough to put a body in. So now when I see them, I think it is pretty darn cool. Just my opinion, I like them when they are done right.

I saw a flat black Ferrari the other day. Pretty cool. I also saw a Mercedes that was "painted" with bed liner. It looked terrible.

I passed on a 59 impala hardtop back when I was about 16 yrs old. Straight body, black, black diamond tufted interior, 283 4 speed, $300 ! Stupid me!!! :cry: :cry:

pick said:
I passed on a 59 impala hardtop back when I was about 16 yrs old. Straight body, black, black diamond tufted interior, 283 4 speed, $300 ! Stupid me!!! :cry: :cry:

I had a chance to get a '60 Impala 4 door for about the same amount but at the time I was just turned off by the fact it was a 4 door and didn't have a motor or trans. Now I kick myself every day for not grabbing it when I had the chance.

Thought I'd contribute. Here's some of my fun cars at present.

1929 Model A 2Dr. Sedan. Chopped 4,1/2", channeled 5". Rat Fink artwork and pinstriping done by Ron Meyers.

attachment.php

1939 Chevy, Master 85, 2Dr. Sedan. Original Survivor

attachment.php

1990 Chevy 454/SS

attachment.php

2, T coupe bodies waiting for some attention

attachment.php

Nice looking phat chick Wheeler.

First project I'd be on ASAP is getting that fuel filter out of the engine bay! Put it down where the line comes out of the pan, and bend a hard line up to the barb at the pump, then a hard line from the pump to the carb with short sections of rubber hose as couplers. Use the correct metric line and rubber hose and clamps. While your at it make sure the barb on the carb is secure. They are dissimilar metal and due to their age can fall out easily , just give it a good firm pull to make sure it's good to go. It can make the difference between having a car and watching your orange beauty burn to the ground.

I have several friends that have lost their VWs from some of those exact problems listed above.

Ps mount a fire exstinguisher where it's easily accessible to you. That should be in any car, vintage ones especially.

Latest posts

Back