New Walmart Fat Tire Bike coming in a couple weeks

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are back in stock on Walmart.com, but the price is 299.97 now. They went up $75!

What tire pressure were you running? When I ride my Pug in the snow, I'm at maybe 5 psi. Obviously, it isn't going to float over unpacked snow, snow like that has no structure to support any weight - even snow shoes sink in a bit. I've been able to get away with up to 5 or 6 inches deep before it becomes problematic; they do work quite well on more packed snow. The big tires still offer stability and traction that even conventional MTB tires can't.

They are back in stock on Walmart.com, but the price is 299.97 now. They went up $75!
Wow, I was surprised at the initial price. Supply and demand at work I guess. Glad I got one before the price hike. Probably still worth the delivered price though.

Took it down these step. Wheels held up. Honestly, Fat bikes aren't meant to take that kind of abuse or riding. So if it holds up to that, I wouldn't question it for normal riding.

As far as PSI I was around 20 there to test it out. Supposed to get 6-8inches today, I will lower the pressure and take it out again tonite.

Also, the price increase is =( for you guys that didn't jump on them asap.
For $300 I think its still an OK deal, but honestly, theres a Bikesdirect fat bike coming out here in the next few weeks or so according to their facebook page, and those start at $400-500 that might be a better deal, I guess it depends on the components.

Don't believe the douche canoes on mtbr that this thing is a pos.

This bike is legit and worth its price tag, a very fun ride, but it has its flaws, namely the brakes and weight. Sadly those elitest snobs over on mtbr won't give it any credit and are more concerned with a bikes price than actually riding a bike, so I ended up getting banned over there because apparently my logic and opinions don't fall in line with the koolaid drinking snobs over there who apparently are allowed to talk crap but can't take it.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

I got banned over there about 10 years ago and eventually got reinstated, but I agree that forum does not embrace a wide spectrum of cycling philosophy.

The Fatgoose looks like a fun bike and good deal for the casual rider. I know if I bought one, I'd end up sinking another $300-400 in upgrades. By that time, one of the Bikesdirect or Minnesota fat bikes in the $700 range makes more sense, especially when I am 6'1" and need a large frame not available with the Goose.

Now that the Dolmomite is at the $300 price point, I would've probably still bought it. After the reviews on RRB and user photos you can tell its a decent bike if you just want to jump into the fat bike scene and not break the bank. Its also easier justifying to the wife over a $300 fat bike purchase than it is spending $800 and up on a 'better' one.

Seeing reports that you can call WM and ask for price matching to 224. update: 800-996-6546. said couldn't roll back the price. no joy.

Last edited:
3 pm central, Dolomite out of stock on line.

I have 20 of these coming to my house at the intro price so that I can sell them for $500 each on ebay. :p:crazy2::cool2:

EDIT: Just in case anyone thinks I was serious, that was a gag, but I am sure the guy that has been selling the BEASTS on ebay for double bought up a few Dolomites.

Last edited:
Went to google and clicked on shopping, the price for the Dolomite still comes up as $224.97. Maybe Walmart is either A) lowering the price back to $225 or B) having google increase the advertised price in the link to the new $300 price.

Either way....can't buy a Dolomite at this moment.

It still comes up out of stock when you go directly to the walmart online site. There are ads all over the place with the old price, I even found one on Sam's Club. But the links get you right back to 299 and out of stock.

Walmart is notorious for fluctuating bicycle and bicycle accessory prices. I've learned to monitor the price of an item I'm interested in over a period of time to learn the highs and lows of their prices, then purchase at the low. Remember how the Beast prices fluctuated drastically? Sometimes there was over a $50 price difference between one color Mongoose Beast compared to another. Just be patient, I've got a feeling the Dolomite price will be doing the Walmart dance as well.

Here's a shot of my Dolomite from tonight's ride.
DSCF0244_Small.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back