New Walmart Fat Tire Bike coming in a couple weeks

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Massif hasn't had a price change yet, which is odd because that's kind of its own thing, theres no other 20" fats out there right now besides some customs on the west coast. I also see that the Massif's price has changed to $197.00, generally when those prices end in double zeros, it means an item has been discontinued, at least that was my understanding from some employees a few years ago.

Could this mean these bikes are in very small limited quantities? I think its pretty likely given the Dolomites price fluctuation. I think they are most definitely gauging the market right now to find the sweet spot in regards to pricing, once that happens expect a flood of bikes at that price point, with various color options and whatnot.

I actually just listed mine on Craigslist with the 3 year extended warranty on it, see if I get any biters with the limited supply and sold out status for the past 2 weeks or so.

Guess it's time to start selling my 20 for $300 each. :crazy:

You might be waiting awhile. I was thinking the same about getting a Beast last year. I missed the Black Friday sale, and that was really the only time they dropped from the $200ish price for the next 5 months, until they sold out and weren't available anymore.

Pacific Cycles will sell one direct as well, and apparently the first day they let some go at $219, but I called later in the day, and was quoted $239 as they are not allowed to sell for cheaper than the retailers. You can maybe try going direct to them, but if Wallys changed the price, Pacific may have as well.

@blown240 The caliper carrier I assume is the mounting bracket to attach to the frame, and I would have to change that to change to a different size disc? That would mean any caliper should work? provided its not the cassette style disc hub?

Ill wait as long as it takes. Im not one of those "I got it first" type guys, I can wait. ;)

They raised the price AGAIN!!!

Dolomite is now $349!

Not really a good deal anymore when bikes direct is supposed to have a $4-500 offering soon.

Yeah, Id rather pay 1000.00 for a great Fat Tire bike that needs nothing than pay 350.00 for a bike I have to upgrade. Like I mentioned in my last post, Ill wait, if the price doesn't go down to around 200-225 then I guess Ill miss out.

Went back in stock today ^ +1. No Thanks.

I just bought a Beast from a guy I know for what I sold mine for -- $200.00. Has a few nice upgrades and is the same color. Not sure I can call this one WalGoose II :happy:

Is there a reason why the fat bikes can't be inflated beyond 40psi? will they blow up?

Sent From Mars
I imagine with the huge area of the tire pushing against the rim, rim/bead failure may be an issue? There would be no point in going that high anyway, at 40 psi they would be equivalent to 150psi in a 1.25" width for load carrying/deflection...

Luke.

190 rear, and I think 135 front, but I'll have to double check later tonite.

I'm trying to secure another @ $225, for my dad, he has an electrified mid 90s Specialized Rockhopper, this seems like a much better candidate.

I like how the ad says that anyone of any size can ride it. My 6 year old can barely ride his 20" Specialized Hot Rock. But according to the ad, he would be able to ride a Dolomite just fine!

I had some guy in Cleveland using my photo to try to sell a Dolomite on Craigslist. After requesting he take it down he did at least in the link I had.

I really get tired of these people that DO NOT HAVE the Dolomite making negative comments on them. I mean, christsakes, I've never seen a legion of haters come out of the woodwork to know anything as much as this bike.

If anyone saw the 20+ stairs I took this thing down I posted on BMXmuseum and saw the fact that the wheels held perfectly true should mean that the quality of this thing is fine.

Its heavy and well the brakes do suck, but other than that there is zero wrong with this bike. Quality is top notch and I can't see this thing really breaking after what I put it through.

From what I've seen of No Name generic fat bikes on Aliexpress.com, the sun spider, and some of the other cheaper fat options out right now, this is the best bang for the buck by far.

Telling people that the bikesdirect fat bike is better, when no one even has seen one in the wild is stupid. It very well may be, but your just posturing your opinions as a review.

I had a beast...and had fun on it...but when deciding on what to buy to replace it....I opted to step up to a bike that I wouldn't want to upgrade anything on...hence why I got an Origin 8 Crawler.

I think that the Beast & Dolomite's are nice bikes...but after riding my wife's Sun Crusher...I knew that I wanted a bike for myself that rode just as smoothly...and I didn't think that the Dolomite could offer that...

I'm still thinking about buying a Massif for my 4 year old and putting some training wheels on it...he can ride a bike w/o training wheels, but he hasn't mastered the starting/stopping yet.

Back