"RATS-ALT"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: "RATS-ALT" (update #3)

If you really want to do something different. try this...

I can see your not much for the comfort on this project sooooo...Flip the apes to where the seat is and make the nanner seat your bars some how. Then just sit on the apes and steer the nanner seat.

Sorry if that's not exactly what you have in mind, With 7,000 members ideas are running shorts around here. I had to scrape the bottom to find that one for ya. Hope you don't mind the input :wink:

Double Nickle said:

I can see your not much for the comfort on this project sooooo...Flip the apes to where the seat is and make the nanner seat your bars some how. Then just sit on the apes and steer the nanner seat.

Sorry if that's not exactly what you have in mind, With 7,000 members ideas are running shorts around here. I had to scrape the bottom to find that one for ya. Hope you don't mind the input :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol: It would br MY bottom that would be scraping.

KOTA said:
Double Nickle said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: It would br MY bottom that would be scraping.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:

I have a hard time choosing...
The one on top is your tipical ...... Kota build, that could be in the dictonairy under 'ratrodbike'. But I understand your urge to build something different once in a while. That 2nd seat has to go imho... There are lot's of simmilar sized way better looking options. Those starwars-bars don't belong there YET. But it's up to you to make sure they do.
Wishing you all the creativity you need!
As always, I'm really enjoying your build. 8)

I like the triathlon bars. very different and interesting. in a good way. 8) I liked the super low banana seat initially until I saw the bent seat post and old guy seat. I really like that! It looks wicked uncomfortable and makes no sense - perfect!! :shock:

thatismytruck said:
I like the triathlon bars. very different and interesting. in a good way. 8) I liked the super low banana seat initially until I saw the bent seat post and old guy seat. I really like that! It looks wicked uncomfortable and makes no sense - perfect!! :shock:
That seat is NOT an "old" guy seat! It's a SQUIRREL seat!...Squirrels save nuts.

KOTA said:
thatismytruck said:
That seat is NOT an "old" guy seat! It's a SQUIRREL seat!...Squirrels save nuts.
Hahahahahaha! That's true ;)

ej599 said:
Looks GREAT!
Thanks Doug, I knew YOU would appreciate it.

KOTA said:
thatismytruck said:

old guys think more about saving their nuts because they hang a little lower. :shock:

:lol:

seriously, I really like that set up.

Suddenly it dawned on me! I'm making a Salt Flats bike!.......So it should look FAST! :lol: ..I knew this bike wouldn't be for me anyway.....But I still like it. :lol:
There's still some more work to do, one more thing to fabricate, but this is the basic configuration.
Thanks everyone for the input.

002-44.jpg

001-51.jpg

Re: "RATS-ALT" (FINAL mock up)

Holy scary looking ride Batman! That is off the hook! One of these days I've got to try to bend a fork up 'ala KOTA' , it's easy to see why that's legendary around here, it adds so much to the custom look! :mrgreen: Part of me wants to try that that beast, and the other part wants to check my insurance.

Fast you say? ...What about an exercycle sprocket? Just barely not scraping the ground 8) 8)

Strings_and_steam said:
Fast you say? ...What about an exercycle sprocket? Just barely not scraping the ground 8) 8)

That was the original plan. I found a X-bike on craigs list...But they never got back to me. I honestly don't know if it would clear the ground. :lol: ...Thanks

KOTA said:
Strings_and_steam said:

That was the original plan. I found a X-bike on craigs list...But they never got back to me. I honestly don't know if it would clear the ground. :lol: ...Thanks

Aw rats! I had one but sold it back in Feb. I hope another one turns up for ya, I'll keep my eyes open

i love it and you got me totally beat on having the front end in the weeds. thats beyond weeds thats in the dirt!!! :shock: how tall are you anyways?

the final mock up looks really evil! 8) the lengthened chainguard would enhance the long and low look! :D

texasbigjon said:
the final mock up looks really evil! 8) the lengthened chainguard would enhance the long and low look! :D
I still plan on using it. The other thing left is to match the supports on the fork, with another set of spaceliner supports on the rear axle stays. Thanks!

karfer67 said:
i love it and you got me totally beat on having the front end in the weeds. thats beyond weeds thats in the dirt!!! :shock: how tall are you anyways?
:lol: :lol: I'm 6Ft..250lbs!..If I raise the seat I can ride it. :roll: But it is best suited for someone about 5ft 7in-5ft 9in. There will be riding pics in the final pics.....If I make bikes that "just" fit, big, fat, bald, old guys, they don't look cool! :lol:...there was a reason why "ifitsfreeitsforme" posted a pic of a BEAR with a bike early in the thread. :lol:

I love it Larry :mrgreen: I kinda doubt you would be able to ride it comfortably but it is COOL :shock:

Latest posts

Back