Shakedown (Pin Striping done!!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I decided this bike needed a make over. So what better time than the build off?? I got the bike at a vintage hot rod show last summer called the Symco Shakedown. I'll let the bike take me where it goes. I have some ideas already and will "borrow" some from past RRBO.
This is what I'm starting with:
Shakedown-RRBO7001-1.jpg

And a few goodies that might find a place on Shakedown:
Shakedown-RRBO7002.jpg

Re: Shakedown

I'm so jealous of all you people's vintage parts, car show parts, swap show parts, bike show parts, and I got NOTHIN! haha Now you know why most of my build parts say MADE IN CHINA!

With great parts like this you will get some attention. Have fun.

AWW MAN!! WITH THOSE PARTS AND BIKE I WILL BE WATCHING!! GET TA BUILDING!! PEACE

You got my attention with the parts, can't wait to see the execution.

Looks like good stuff there!Should turn out nice 8)

Houndog said:
Woodpecker on front fender is cool!!! How bout a closer pic of that
It is Mr. Horsepower. I can't remember what hot rod product he is from right now. Probably won't make it back on this build :( I'll try to get a better pic of him tho.

mrflagman said:
Houndog said:
It is Mr. Horsepower. I can't remember what hot rod product he is from right now. Probably won't make it back on this build :( I'll try to get a better pic of him tho.

Thrush Mufflers (glasspacks)

mrflagman said:
Houndog said:
Just did a Google search... Mr. Horsepower is for Clay Smith Cams (http://www.claysmithcams.com/ ) They have other cool stuff as well.

Got the tear down part done. Now to get things sand blasted and start to see how my ideas will come together (or if they will) 8)
005.jpg

001.jpg

Re: Shakedown (update 5-13)

No pictures to show, but got most of the bike and parts sandblasted last nite. Except those darn skirt guards. I don''t know what kind of paint was on them, but it took 1 bag of sand to get 1/2 of one done. :shock: :? I'll have to come up with plan B on those.
I primed it tonite so it wouldn't flash rust on me. Gotta love summer humidity. :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back