Shakedown (Pin Striping done!!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Shakedown (update 5-13)

I thought about buying one of those MrHP woodpeckers before or the RF Flaming Eyeball version. Looks pretty cool.

Re: Shakedown (update 5-13)

I got a little bit done tonite. Had to modify the chain guard a little to get it to fit. Still have a little more to do.
0012-1.jpg

0032.jpg

I need to decide what to do here tho. Cut it straight up or at an angle to match the seat stay?? Hmmmm.
0022.jpg

Re: Shakedown (Chrome cleanup 5-23)

That vinegar trick to clean chrome works pretty good. 8) Thanks guys!!! Anyway, I am thinking about using this chainring and stem. I think the ring might look good if I clear coat it. The stem...I'm not so sure. What do you guys think??
The front:
0013.jpg

Backside:
0023.jpg

Close up of missing chrome:
0033.jpg

The stem:
0042.jpg

0052.jpg

raggedjim said:
I'd try some clearcoat on a throw away ring guard to see how it works. The one you have is to nice to mess up!

What bike did those skirt guards come from?

Good build, Rg

I think the guards are from an Elgin. I thought about using a clear coat and see how it turns out.

I'd rock that stem on a rat bike. If you're going for a clean build it might look odd.

I was thinking about having them stem powdercoated. I am hoping I can get a "chrome" look on it. 8) Otherwise it might be plan B. Which I don't really have right now. :mrgreen:

Re: Shakedown (Skirt Guards fitted 6-2)

When members ask what is so cool about skirt guards??? All I can say is LOOK 8) :D
0014.jpg

0034.jpg

I had to do a little modifying to get it to fit better. Not perfect, but pretty close. I ha dto cut most of the flat material off the bottom of the guard. My chainguard is curved at the top, the skirt guard is not. :mrgreen:
0043.jpg

Skirt guards look killer! I had a pair for a while, but never used them. Now, I'm wishing I still had them! :( This is gonna be a cool bike when finished! 8)

Looks nice :!:

Looks great! A little trim here a little trim there and fits like a glove! :mrgreen:

Skirt guards are way cool!!!

Someday I am going to make some from fan cages.

wished I could run across a set (skirtguards) lol. They are the BOMB!

Re: Shakedown (update 6-4)

Got some templates made for the tank and rack.
0035.jpg

I plan to borrow some ideas from Clothespin n's build from RRRBO1. I really like the tank idea. I hope he doesn't mind. 8) :D
BikeTankFlathead_3.jpg

Here is a look at the rack template.
0054.jpg

Can't wait to see what you come up with for those panels!

That was a cool tank last year. Look forward to seeing your take on one.
Have fun!

Back