Shakedown (Pin Striping done!!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Shakedown (update 6-4)

Haven't had much time lately to get anything done on Shakedown. Now it will be a few more days. :roll: I am going to Milwaukee Monday and Tuesday to flag at the Milwaukee Mile!!! 8) :mrgreen: :!: My first time flagging a race there. Pretty pumped for it. Get back to the bike Wednesday...hopefully. :D

Re: Shakedown (Progress 6-13)

This part turned out to be a father-son project. 8) My dad is a quite a craftsman. He is helping with the wooden parts. Here are some pics of our progress.
We are going for the old wooden truck bed look on the rack:
0015.jpg

Here is our take on the old flathead Ford look. Still have some work to do on this yet:
0025.jpg

0036.jpg

It has been cool to have my dad get excited and involved in this bike. Of course now he says he should get his own bike to build next year :shock: I may have to discourage that. His build would kick my butt.

Tell Pops to jump on in!!!!!!!
Nice idea on the rack. Looking forward to seeing what y'all come up with!

mrflagman said:
Haven't had much time lately to get anything done on Shakedown. Now it will be a few more days. :roll: I am going to Milwaukee Monday and Tuesday to flag at the Milwaukee Mile!!! 8) :mrgreen: :!: My first time flagging a race there. Pretty pumped for it. Get back to the bike Wednesday...hopefully. :D

I am Jealous as All Get Out ....
I'd love just to be going to Milwaukee, just to be going to the Milwaukee Mile, but to be flagging a race there .?.?.? Way Cool ...
Have fun, then Keep Building ....

whoinphx said:
mrflagman said:

I am Jealous as All Get Out ....
I'd love just to be going to Milwaukee, just to be going to the Milwaukee Mile, but to be flagging a race there .?.?.? Way Cool ...
Have fun, then Keep Building ....

Flagging at the Mile was awesome!!! Then you add in the NASCAR celebs that were there was incredible. Sure hope I get to do it again next year.

Re: Shakedown (Progress 6-18)

More progress on the flathead and tank setup. I think it will look pretty cool when it gets painted 8)
0026.jpg

Close up of the "head". It will get acorn nuts to finish it off. All those little holes will have acorn nuts attached.
0016.jpg

Great idea and nicely done!Can't wait to see it painted 8)

Re: Shakedown (Flathead 6-18)

Got the acorn nuts fitted tonite. Hopefully get the rack work done tomorrow nite. Here are some progress pics.
Two of the inner screws are going to help hold the whole assembly together. I wanted to hide as much as I could.
0027.jpg

We countersunk the screws into the back for the acorn nuts.
0037.jpg

This is a shot of the front of one and the back of the other.
0055.jpg

Re: Shakedown (Flathead 6-18)

Looking sharp!

Re: Shakedown (Mystery Part 6-21)

Got these from the UPS guy today 8) These might be the coolest part of the bike when done :D
0018.jpg

0028.jpg

I wonder if the UPS guy in my area has parts that cool :!: :lol:
I'm tackling the next brown truck I see to shake him down for parts.

Those are WAY cool, but what are they!!!????

kingfish254 said:
They are exhaust tips for vintage Fords. My dad used them on a '46 Ford he restored. They looked pretty sharp.

mrflagman said:
kingfish254 said:
They are exhaust tips for vintage Fords. My dad used them on a '46 Ford he restored. They looked pretty sharp.
They were used to keep the black exhaust soot off the chrome bumpers.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

mrflagman said:
mrflagman said:
kingfish254 said:
They were used to keep the black exhaust soot off the chrome bumpers.

I had them on my 48 Ford "woody" that I restored. They were great preventing the exhaust from creeping into the back compartment.

Re: Shakedown (Flathead painted)

Quick look at the finished painted heads. They are actually a nice silver(aluminum color). Doesn't show that well on a cell camera.
aee783b0-008b-52be.jpg

Re: Shakedown (Flathead with paint)

Very nice 8) 8)

Back