ΞTHE✪CLASHΞ

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool work on the spokes, hubs , wheels! Make sure you include this photo on your Finished Build thread (they will become available in about a week, around July 1). This really shows off the details, which, even unseen by the casual viewer; you know they are there. That's what matters!

View attachment 238140
Thanks man! I know we're all quietly scanning the details but it's nice to get confirmation our effort isn't being missed.

Concealed.gif

if I use this at all I'm thinking pink handle. Could be a might too dangerous.

Attachments

• Backfired.gif
    Backfired.gif
    10.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
As you can see atop the first image the faux brass finish on this lamp fitting flakes off easily. I also wanted something to grip the shim I'll be making for the seat, so I heated some clear wire protecting shrink tube around it hoping It wouldn't lose luster. In the sleeve..
IMG_4343.jpeg

After shrinking..
IMG_4345.jpeg
IMG_4346.jpeg

Tightened this gap nicely. Since this is supposed to slide in and out unattached I'm thinking maybe I should grease it?

My first gold chain. KMC H1L1 had the color that fell between the orange of e101 and brassiness of the SL. Props to Mr. C's Cycles for ordering them and letting me see before buying.
KMC_HL1L_gold.jpeg

Anyone know what the advantage of the break-off pin is? New to me.

Last edited:
Those break-away pins are slightly tapered on the discarded end, making them much easier to insert and align. Discrete pins are necessary on a chain made of half-links because a typical master link can't be used.

What a groovy build. Good luck with the repaint.

Closer. Not sticking with speckles.
IMG_4761.jpeg
IMG_4750.jpeg

Actively searching stores for a suitable metallic flaked gold for the base rather than chrome. Checked out Behr golds. Hammered was interesting, but scares me.
IMG_4740.jpeg
Looks and feels clumpy. The other options had so few flakes in them you can count them if you zoom in.
IMG_4741.jpeg

Anyone got a good common brand? It's too late to order so I'm hustling door to door.

Last edited:
Back