‘67 Murray F5 Eliminator restoration

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is why I don’t work in the summer. I can’t be in the garage after work. I can only work in the morning on the weekends. It was 90 degrees at 9am this morning. 🙄

View attachment 241244
Yep. Hot hot

Sunrise today it was 96% humidity while I was riding. Helmet and Jersey were quite salty by the time I got back home

This is why I don’t work in the summer. I can’t be in the garage after work. I can only work in the morning on the weekends. It was 90 degrees at 9am this morning. 🙄

View attachment 241244
YIKES! You're in deep triple digits over there!

It may not be quite as hot over here around Tulsa, but the heat and humidity are bad enough here that it's been tough to make any progress on my bike builds, or do hardly anything outside these past couple months.

I was reminded about the lost bike license sticker and thought to myself, "Surely, that intricate seal must be available in softcopy somewhere."

Sure enough...

c3fc9ce50381d349e5fd4feae977b8c7--sf-san-francisco-red.jpg

Replicating the oval, SFBL, and 877 number would be a trivial task, with the measurements

I was reminded about the lost bike license sticker and thought to myself, "Surely, that intricate seal must be available in softcopy somewhere."

Sure enough...

View attachment 245046
Replicating the oval, SFBL, and 877 number would be a trivial task, with the measurements
That is awesome! Since this bike is now going to live Pennsylvania I think I’ll skip it. But that’s good to know!

Freewheel needed some love.

C406B7E6-2CA4-44D1-A2FB-25422B9DDC15.jpeg

I’ve learned that a Huret drivetrain is very complicated compared to Shimano. It fought me at every step, and the setting up was just overly elaborate. I think the engineers got paid by the hour. But I got it shifting again.

BDCFB9A7-323B-4FC6-911C-773AA752F10D.jpeg

21879EAE-77F5-4F2A-B0B6-7FEEB8876F6D.jpeg

Latest posts

Back