***→ → → The Seminole ← ← ←*** DONE on Friday the 13th

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: → → → The Seminole ← ← ← 6/18 patina or paint?

Are Tires just like those still available? I vote Patina....Maybe paint it Black and tape off a section somewhere to show patina?

Patina, but only if you keep the sledge hammer kickstand!

Houndog said:
Are Tires just like those still available? ...

I'm not sure. I bought them used with the wheels from a forum member.

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
Houndog said:
Are Tires just like those still available? ...

I'm not sure. I bought them used with the wheels from a forum member.

The wheels and tires look like they are from Felt Bicycles, the have a store on their web page.
I like the rusty look on your frame and fork.

Thanks Mazda. The majority (Nick and my fiance are the minority) like the patina look, so I'm going with that. I'm going to matte clear it.

I had ten minutes in the garage last night so I prepped the Tioga chain ring (removed paint from face)

7401438632_7d61bcedd8_b.jpg

and sprayed the underside of the quilted seat grey (it was white)

7401443002_bf0f333ae2_b.jpg

although I might use the brown Brooks professional seen in one of the previous mockup photos.

Noooooooooooo :shock: :shock: :shock:

Well...I guess it's still cool! 8)

you never know Nick, maybe at a later date it'll get a tear down and fresh black paint.

anyone got a cool 44 tooth chain ring for a one piece crank? The Tioga one isn't working out. It's busting my stones - the chainring bolts aren't tightening. I think they're too long.

A machinist that does work for the company I work at, just dropped off a Huffy Good Vibrations chainguard I gave him to give the drillium treatment and sandblast.

this is gonna look cool:

7407566622_6bcea2107b_b.jpg

Re: → → → The Seminole ← ← ← 6/20 Drillium

I like that, perfect little circles, and super light weight now! :mrgreen:

Re: → → → The Seminole ← ← ← 6/20 Drillium

thanks guys.

another 10 minutes in the garage netted one truss rod (polyarmor coated 3/8 brake line) almost complete:

7408006804_c984b4544f_b.jpg

debating leaving the polyarmor coating on or removing it. It's like a thin plastic coating, that gives it a greenish look. very dark green.

Re: → → → The Seminole ← ← ← 6/21 Trusses started

I gotta say, those truss rods look great with the patina'd fork :mrgreen:

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
I gotta say, those truss rods look great with the patina'd fork :mrgreen:

right? I think I'll leave 'em the color they are.

Houndog said:
Are Tires just like those still available? I vote Patina....Maybe paint it Black and tape off a section somewhere to show patina?

Yeah, tires are Felt. The rear is the Thickbrick and the front is the QuickBrick. I think they run like $24-29 per tire. Here is the link to the cruiser parts. They have some cool stuff for sure, but they can be a little pricey

http://www.feltbicycles.com/USA/2012/Parts/Cruiser.aspx

I love the build...the patina is awesome. I wish I could have went with a patina look, but my pieces/parts were like four different colors, some in primer, etc. I just went rattle can black primer!

Let's see that photo!!!!!

so this new marriage is gonna work out great... she opted for an hours worth of commentary-free viewing of one of her "housewives" crap shows and I got some garage time in the day after getting home from our honeymoon.

some rude and crude drillium treatment to cheap all-metal pedals. Yes that's blood on the rag. It got much worse later. This bike might leave permanent scars:

7488312662_a8c1c32a26_b.jpg

and I settled on this chain ring found on Ebay. "BMX" style for $9.99 shipped. Looks appropriate on the bike I think:

7488327016_d3a6e91072_b.jpg

drilled and tapped some holes for the Huffy chain guard:

7488317738_00352963f3_b.jpg

7488322364_f0c67d0a10_b.jpg

and this is where it stands right now. I was gonna paint the sandblasted chainguard, but I like it raw, and it's rusting up already. Might paint a number on it:

7488333974_926da4fb7e_b.jpg

7488306674_96fc2dbcb9_b.jpg

I like it so much the way it is, I might not even adapt the louver plates to it. But that might just be me being lazy.

Re: → → → The Seminole ← ← ← 7/2 post-honeymoon updates..

dogdart said:
Looking real good. I like it as is too , either way it hasa mean vibe .

thanks.

it's no BO7 winner, it's just a plain n' simple throw-together of assorted parts, but lucky for me, it's coming out pretty mean.

I can't wait to get a seat on it and ride it.

Re: → → → The Seminole ← ← ← 7/2 post-honeymoon updates..

what about this

tape off a number, polish the number, encourage rust. the polished number should stay shiny

Back