▀▄▀▄▀▄█▓▒░ '67' ░▒▓█▄▀▄▀▄█▓▒░ FINISHED ░▒▓█▄▀▄▀▄▀

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: '67'

raggedjim said:
Funkme said:
... :lol: It's just toooo hot to put shoes on thou...

Hotter than welding slag?

Your welds look good to me (what do I know? For me bondo is part of the welding process.) Nice solution to your problem.

Rg

Bondo , we dont have fancy products like that here chewing gum would be the closest...The poor greeks a lil behind in time...

Re: ▀▄▀▄▀▄█▓▒░ '67' ░▒▓█▄▀▄▀▄▀

Just curious.. are you going to have to weld in a bracket between the lower fork legs to stabilize them to turn correctly with the neck? or will the wheel hold everything right? I have several sets and always wanted to try what you're doing. Looking good!!

Love your new topic header!!!

▀▄▀▄▀▄█▓▒░ '67' ░▒▓█▄▀▄▀▄▀

Looks very cool!

kingfish254 said:
Love your new topic header!!!

▀▄▀▄▀▄█▓▒░ '67' ░▒▓█▄▀▄▀▄▀

Looks very cool!
Thanx,keepin it as close to the theme build as possible...

Ladies start your engines!!!
VROOOOM
VROOOOM

I like how you kept the serial number on your head tube mod :shock: Very cool 8) 8)

Frame is almost done...
The_Frame_original.jpg

Headlight mount is finished.
Light_original.jpg

Love the swivel light.
When I first saw the last pic on the right, I thought it was a nice cold beer. Still kinda looks that way.

CHEERS!!!!

GABTW-PEACE!

mitchelangelo said:
Just curious.. are you going to have to weld in a bracket between the lower fork legs to stabilize them to turn correctly with the neck? or will the wheel hold everything right? I have several sets and always wanted to try what you're doing. Looking good!!

I will leave them like that, I :?: they should stay straight,from the wheel holding them in place...I did think about it after i cut them... If not I will put up pics me flying over the bars. : :shock:

Circa Cycles said:
I like how you kept the serial number on your head tube mod :shock: Very cool 8) 8)

Serial number is filled in and covered in paint...But I'm sure who ever has the bike in a few years time,will get a shock come stripping time. :wink:

kingfish254 said:
Love the swivel light.
When I first saw the last pic on the right, I thought it was a nice cold beer. Still kinda looks that way.

CHEERS!!!!

GABTW-PEACE!

The beer came later. :wink:

tvc15 said:
It is call coming together!
Slowly, Rome wasnt built in a day... :lol:
Still waiting on tires from Germany,I hope they arrive in time,otherwise I will have to make do...German postage is the slowest in the world. :roll: .
Just have to sort out the seating arrangement. :wink:

Found these old motorbike fairings, from off a tsx50 and cm125...Will play around with them...
26072012502.jpg

Thick bricks arrived,and the front one just fits in,if i had 26" rims would fit much better....mmmm maybe later on I will change them...
26072012505.jpg

Front end is all mounted,just waiting on solar light fittings,and headbadge...
26072012509.jpg

Tank is mounted,will work on the seat/sprocket/chain tomorrow...
26072012515.jpg

Funkme said:
mitchelangelo said:

I will leave them like that, I :?: they should stay straight,from the wheel holding them in place...I did think about it after i cut them... If not I will put up pics me flying over the bars. : :shock:

Makes sense. They should work. But if not.. strap on your wings so you can keep flying past the bars! :wink: :D
p.s. post pics of that too! 8)

Man those baby blue skirts are sweet!!!

Looks like it's getting to be assembly time. Now is when the fun starts. I like the way this build is going!!!

Yesterday felt like 2 steps back,one step forward...Had to re-weld light bracket,stand bracket,as well as repaint and fix seat...A over zealous kid tightening bolts,can make double work... :(

Worked on headbadge...
27072012569.jpg

Took over a hour to break a chinese solar light,for the parts to be refitted...
Here are the insides...
27072012574.jpg

New switch mounted to headlight casing. The original was to cheap lookin...

27072012581.jpg

Looks like I will be finished in time....

With the tank on, the bike looks muscular and more intersting. The fat thick bricks add to that look too! Nice!

Looking good!Really like the headbadge.

Latest posts

Back