█ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TWINFLEX SPACELINER BUILD THREAD - Aug8 - SOLD

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: █ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TwinFlexSpaceLiner 6/30 Eagle Tail Surgery

yoothgeye said:
kingfish254 said:
Do you remember the "illusion" you did in BO6 that I swore I would copy???

Memory fading, long last couple of days, I'm waiting with antici (pause) pation to see what it was.

Oh no, don't tell me you were at a Rocky Horror Picture Show revival dressed up as Frank N Furter!!!!! Scary visual!!!!

kingfish254 said:
Oh no, don't tell me you were at a Rocky Horror Picture Show revival dressed up as Frank N Furter!!!!! Scary visual!!!!

I think that crowd would see right through me. Yesterday I went to work in the morning, then the students came over and we started filling a few hundred water balloons in the over 100 degree heat, then I got the van to take them to a movie and it had a flat, so I changed it in the heat, then we went to the movie. Brought them back and put the now repaired wheel back on the van (still in heat) then off to church to family night at Vacation Bible School which ended with about 100 kids pelting me with water balloons (one way, not a fight, they got to hit me with balloons for raising money towards a mission offering). Then home and kept the kids downstairs during a scary storm, so I got to sleep on the recliner.

This morning (after very little sleep) I was up at 6am to go to church and take the students to Kings Dominion for the day and an evening concert. At the concert after Owl City and before Tobymac at severe thunderstorm blew in and we left. Waited in the parking lot while it hailed then when there was a tornado warning we hit the road. Traffic, hail, lightning, thunder, flooding, wind damage, etc... we made it home safely and cleaned the bus and came home.

Haven't seen my family all day, left with them sleeping and back home to the same thing.

Now I'm hearing thunder here... great.

Hang in there buddy!
I figured your were busy with VBS.
At least it sounds like you had some adventure!!!

kingfish254 said:
Hang in there buddy!
I figured your were busy with VBS.
At least it sounds like you had some adventure!!!

A friend and I keep this motto for our times together, "Always an adventure" and we stick to it. :wink:

Peatbog said:
Had you taken the bike with you, while you were waiting in the parking lot during the hailstorm, you could have worked on the bike. :mrgreen:

And this is why I won't even be in the top 10 this year... no dedication! :mrgreen:

I love the old hood orniment cut up like that. I built a bobber a year ago using the same buick or oldsmobile hood orniment.
here is a pic for you.
Picture100.jpg

killingevilnine said:
I love the old hood orniment cut up like that. I built a bobber a year ago using the same buick or oldsmobile hood orniment.
here is a pic for you.

Very cool! That one looks a bit different. It has a similar eagle head, but the wings a much different than the 54 Chevy. There are quite a few hoodies in BO7. They are like little sculptures.

Peatbog said:
When I first glanced at that picture, I thought the big trailer was hooked up to the bike. I went like this: :shock:

When you have wings on your bike it's just like having "11" on your amps"!!!!!

Re: █ Flex★Liner⑦ █ 7/1 HOT 111 but HOUSTON THE EAGLE HAS LANDED

Dagnabbit, it is hotter than horny toad in a Walmart black asphalt parkin lot!
113 degree heat index!!!!!!

Well I went out to the shop to work on the 54 Chevy Eagle and had very good success.

Tell me what you think so far. Much more to come.

I had planned on using some medium gauge yard sale aluminum for the wings, but decided to go a different route.
I used some flat stock aluminum to make the wing brace from the rocker bolts up to the eagle head.

WP_002036.jpg

WP_002037.jpg

WP_002038.jpg

Broke out the versatile cobbler's anvil to make the bends (so simple and prett even).

WP_002039.jpg

WP_002041.jpg

WP_002042.jpg

WP_002043.jpg

Drilled the rocker axle holes and assembled the springer.

WP_002044.jpg

WP_002045.jpg

WP_002046.jpg

57 pages ? You could write your own mini series...I guess this time I have to start at page 1 to understand whats going on... :lol:
Likin the name a lot !!!

Funkme said:
57 pages ? You could write your own mini series...I guess this time I have to start at page 1 to understand whats going on... :lol:
Likin the name a lot !!!

I lost track of the page count. I like to post a TON of mockup photos to review, get feedback, and noodle on later.
Wow, Looks like I'll be passing 10,000 views soon.

The name is better than FlexySexyNexy 7.

Re: █ Flex★Liner⑦ █ 7/1 HOT 113 but HOUSTON THE EAGLE HAS LANDED

Well all I can say this is going to be one heck of a sweet ride...man she is sweet...lot '0' imagination going on here...Love the spaceliner frames,its one frame that has always caught my eye...In my crazy mind i want to build a frame from scratch,a spaceliner crossed with the elgin bluebird frame...Unless I can find a decent cheap spaceliner....
Keep on buildin'... :D

Funkme said:
Well all I can say this is going to be one h*** of a sweet ride...man she is sweet...lot '0' imagination going on here...Love the spaceliner frames,its one frame that has always caught my eye...In my crazy mind i want to build a frame from scratch,a spaceliner crossed with the elgin bluebird frame...Unless I can find a decent cheap spaceliner....

That a lot for the compliments! The Spaceliner frames are pretty special. I am VERY surprised that one of the current bike makers don't make something similar.

Hmmmm, I like your thinking!!! I can easily see the lines of a Spaceliner flowing into a Bluebird. A SpaceBird.

BlueBird3.gif

bike2112 said:
King, that bracket looks really solid. If you have one of those chrome Schwinn fork crowns, throw it on there and see what it looks like. Just a thought. Keep up the awesome work my friend!

2112, cool idea, but I think this brace to too wide. Plus, I don't think I am done with the plumage for the wings yet. 8)

Re: █ Flex★Liner⑦ █ 7/1 HOUSTON THE EAGLE HAS LANDED with Light

Time to turn a shelf bracket into a light bracket.

WP_001994.jpg

Cut and shape it a bit and slit the top to accept the light.

WP_002047.jpg

WP_002048.jpg

Then mocked it up with the light and some foil tape.

WP_002049.jpg

WP_002050.jpg

WP_002051.jpg

WP_002052.jpg

WP_002053.jpg

Re: █ Flex★Liner⑦ █ 7/1 Eagle Plumage

I am thing about using some thin yard sale flashing to skin the wings.

In BO6 yooth cut some flames into his fender and I swore I would steal that idea someday.

100_2813.jpg

Well I cut flames in the grip tape on Fugsley's water ski rack

IMG_4841.jpg

I am thinking making these wings sleek, but cutting flames out of them. Sort of like a Phoenix.

This is just the blank canvas. Don't be put off by the bulkiness of it right now.

On the other hand, I also kind of like the simplicy of the current setup with no skinning metal.

WP_002055.jpg

Re: █ Flex★Liner⑦ █ 7/1 EAGLE HAS LANDED Light + Flaming Wings

Oh the flames! Certainly there must be another bike out there with a flame cut fender... more doubtedly one with a flame cut fender *and* louvers. :D

Wow, looking at that picture, I sure did build a lot of stuff for that bike. :?

yoothgeye said:
Oh the flames! Certainly there must be another bike out there with a flame cut fender... more doubtedly one with a flame cut fender *and* louvers. :D

Wow, looking at that picture, I sure did build a lot of stuff for that bike. :?

Yeah, it was funny looking back to that part of your build. You didn't think much of it and were even going to cover it up with that burnt wood rack. But I talked you out of it. I love that detail.

I'm just not sure if flaming wings are right for my build. I am going to have to do some paper mock ups and think about this one.

Glad to see the bird at least in the air again. I think I like the simpler idea better. Seems to me the flames draw my eye (and attention) away from the bird a bit. Just my .02

kingfish254 said:
Funkme said:
Well all I can say this is going to be one h*** of a sweet ride...man she is sweet...lot '0' imagination going on here...Love the spaceliner frames,its one frame that has always caught my eye...In my crazy mind i want to build a frame from scratch,a spaceliner crossed with the elgin bluebird frame...Unless I can find a decent cheap spaceliner....

That a lot for the compliments! The Spaceliner frames are pretty special. I am VERY surprised that one of the current bike makers don't make something similar.

Hmmmm, I like your thinking!!! I can easily see the lines of a Spaceliner flowing into a Bluebird. A SpaceBird.

BlueBird3.gif

Right on Spacebird,both frames have flow...Love the way the bluebird wraps around the rear...

Back