★★ Hot Rod Deluxe ★★(DONE!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ★★ Hot Rod Deluxe ★★(UPDATE 11- Front Wheel+Stem Mounted)

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
Nick I PM'd you. I think I have a wheel for you. If I do it's yours if you and your dad can come pick it up in Meriden. I'll check in the attic tonight.

That would be great! :D I PM'd you back :wink:

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
005-4.jpg
Dude! That's looking good. Hopefully you can get the rear wheel sorted. The red on front really makes the bike pop!

bike2112 said:
SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Thanks for the great comments guys! :D 6 more weeks left...I'm not sure I can do it :shock: :shock:

You can do it!!!!! What color red is that? It's a great looking red and contrasts extremely well with the tire. Great work buddy!

Thanks! :D The paint is Krylon Banner Red :wink:

MplsCoaster said:
Dude! That's looking good. Hopefully you can get the rear wheel sorted. The red on front really makes the bike pop!

Thanks Steve :D I think ifitsfreeitsforme has one I can pick up :wink: I can't wait to see it with 2 red wheels! :mrgreen:

★★ Hot Rod Deluxe ★★(UPDATE 11- Front Wheel+Stem Mounted)

Come n get it Nick! New Departure hub works great. Spokes are a little rusty and one was replaced with a stainless spoke, but it's totally rideable and I'm sure you can clean it up good.

Call me at 203-631-0021 to arrange pickup.

63bc3022-080a-fc30.jpg

63bc3022-0820-11b5.jpg

Ian, I'll call you in the morning :D

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Ian, I'll call you in the morning :D

Nice! I am really glad you found one local. I can't wait to see this thing with the fat back tire and red rim.

tin machine said:
this bike is looking awesome , good to see a young builder coming along , you stay at it no tellin were you can take it , proud of your work YOUNG AMERICAN !!!!

Thanks Tin Man, means a lot :D

Peatbog said:
Dang it! Get that wheel and get it painted and get it on there. That bike is gonna look cool and we wanna see it!
I got the wheel today! :mrgreen: Mocked up picture coming soon :wink:

Critter1 said:
Your bike is looking great! What a way to spend the summer!
Thanks! :D It is fun...even with the problems :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

UPDATE 12

I got my rear wheel today! :mrgreen: A big thanks to Ian (ifitsfreeitsforme) for the wheel :wink: I picked it up at his work and he gave my father and I a tour of the factory he works at :D It was cool 8) Thay make heavy duty extension cords and transformers for airfields and shipyards :wink: All made in USA :D

I mocked the wheel up with a 24x3 Kenda Flame 8) Finally starting to take its shape of a bike! :mrgreen:
003-6.jpg

004-3.jpg

005-5.jpg

I also picked this up for parts:
006-1.jpg

Re: ★★ Hot Rod Deluxe ★★(UPDATE 12- I got a wheel!-Mocked up)

Looks great with the 24X3! That is one killer looking bike. Love the stance!

Sweet, yah really gotta love the RRB family!!!!!

Thanks!! :D

Lookin good bro! Glad you finally got that back wheel. Forks are awesome as well! Keep up the good work! 8)

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
I mocked the wheel up with a 24x3 Kenda Flame 8) Finally starting to take its shape of a bike! :mrgreen:
003-6.jpg
Looking forward to seeing it with both wheels red..Looking super cool bro!! 8) 8)

What does the chainwheel on your exercise bike look like? I also noticed your exercise bike is ready for road use since it has reflectors on the pedals! :?

Thanks pick and bigdaddy! :D

Yoothgeye, the chainring looks just like the one on the original '53 :wink: I put it on the other day, but never got a pic :mrgreen:

Re: ★★ Hot Rod Deluxe ★★(UPDATE 13- More Assembly!)

UPDATE 13

Cleaned up and mounted the crank from the Columbia Exerciser on the Hot Rod Deluxe :D I also put the seat/post on and sanded the rear wheel a little bit. Then I put down some red :p

001-6.jpg

BEFORE:
001-7.jpg

AFTER:
004-4.jpg

Re: ★★ Hot Rod Deluxe ★★(UPDATE 13- More Assembly!)

Looks like candy!

Back