♦️ 26th Annual CYCLONE COASTER free SWAPMEET & RIDE ♦️ SUNDAY Sunday SUNDAY ♦️ NOVEMBER 6th 2022 ♦️

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been a minute since I've poster on here ... but our CYCLONE COASTER Annual FREE Swapmeet is coming up FAST

>>>
YES - SUNDAY Sunday SUNDAY - November 6th 2022 only a few weeks away - It's time to hunt & gather your items to sell to acquire the money to buy the parts & pieces to finish your new or old projects again.

Please note - November 6th 2022 - is DAYLIGHT SAVINGS DAY TOO

>>>
Come to buy - Come to Sell @ our 26th Annual Cyclone Coaster free Vintage Swapmeet that sets up out back of the Pike Restaurant & Bar @ 7:00 am - If you arrive early >> Please keep the noise level down since we do not want to disturb the neighbors nearby that surround the Pike Restaurant & Bar - so please keep it to a whisper level before 7:00am & respect thy neighbors.

>>> Our special thanks goes out once again to Chris Reece _ the owner of the Pike Restaurant & Bar for opening up early with his staff & serving a full menu of delicious food _ the World famous Breakfast Burrito & a full bar - fresh craft beer & local favorites on tap that flow all day.

>> No vehicle parking in the swap lot & please try to keep back alley clear. Please use Hermosa Avenue as you unload your items & then park in the nearby neighborhood.

>>> Bring vintage bikes, parts & related items to sell - Canopies & tables welcome - As the parking lot fills up we can also use the patio area & the side area on Hermosa Avenue by moving the outdoor tables & chairs aside as they are for the PIKE Restaurant & Bar use only & not for our Cyclone Coaster Swapmeet items.

>>>
We plan to wrap up the swap at 10:30am then head over to the old location of Portfolio Coffeehouse ( The corner of 4th Street & Junipero ) @10:45am allowing everyone time to re-group for the Cyclone Coaster Vintage Bicycle Ride from our usual starting point with kickstands up @ 11:00 am then go for a short ride around town & hit up lunch for those who stick around to eat with the Cyclone Coaster family.

>>>
You can also find info on this event on our newly updated website @ www.cyclonecoaster.com / our Facebook page under "Cyclone Coaster" as well as here & on TheCabe Forums online under "Swapmeets Events & Rides" as you are today.

>> Please feel free to post items you're thinking of bringing to sell or what you're trying to find for the new or old project & maybe someone will post what you need & have it for you when you arrive ...

>> Thank you for the ongoing interest
& continued support <<

>>> Ridden not Hidden - Frank
26th CYCLONE COASTER SWAPMEET poster - best copy.jpg

The Cyclone Racer at The Pike was one of the greatest rollercoasters of all-time. The Pike died out around the same time as Pacific Ocean Park in Santa Monica did. Oceanfront real estate in SoCal went through the roof and the openings of Disneyland, Knott's Berry Farm and Magic Mountain (later) amusement parks didn't help the ocean front amusement parks. Yet, the Balboa Fun Zone remains...

Last edited:
Yep .. The inspiration to our CYCLONE COASTER Vintage Bicycle Ride was to pay homage to history & our hometown of Long Beach California when we started our rides in 2006

The CYCLONE COASTER name was initially inspired from the West Coast CYCLONE RACER roller coaster here in Long Beach California which ran from 1930 to 1968 when it shut down in the Pike amusement area which was around from 1902 to 1979 down by the Pacific Ocean waterfront ... The COASTER in our name refers to the Coaster brakes we have on our bicycles ...

I did pass by Coney Island where the sister CYCLONE Roller Coaster is about 10 years back when I was visiting Copake Auction house for a bicycle auction .. It was being rented out that day for a private event which didn't allow me to ride it as I wanted to ... I believe the CYCLONE Roller Coaster is still running from what I can tell & I would love to take a ride on it next time
I'm out that way ..nothing like a old wooden roller coaster ..

The Balboa Fun Zone is only a small Ferris wheel these days .. no more arcade games or "fun" is really there ..

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back