TRADITIONAL ⚡️⚡️⚡️THUNDERBOLT⚡️⚡️⚡️ASSEMBLY TIME⚡️⚡️⚡️

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you! @OddJob it’s rocky but feeling much bettter! And yes! Time to RaT on! 💪🏻

Thanks for the words of encouragement @kingfish254 i think I’ll make it! Paint paint paint! 💪🏻

Bummer your Fam has been sick too! I did get Vid for the first time around a month ago. First time! But it caused me some blood sugar issues that got out of my control. The main reason I have been out. Thanks for the words of encouragement! Much appreciated 💪🏻

Thank you! @Pondo I agree getting sick in the summer is the worst. Thanks for checking in! 💪🏻
Yes. Yes. Rise up & whip that stuff. Severely hate that folks suffer. Glad you feels better, sir.

Never was a green guy but I like the way is working together.lookin good. I'm with Trm I'm looking forward to see the finished tank.
Yup. Agreed. What ye said.

O, Buddy. I hear the Big Bopper. Chantilly Lace...

Is that open cell sculpting foam similar to the blocks of ultra light stuff at Hobby Lobby & such? Glad I tuned in today. Spray foam can ... Well, you know. Thinking on coating a polyester blanket with polyester resin to form a shroud over an AC unit to shade the condenser & make it look less like a window machine. Some stuff in here is inspirational. Tanks again

Fabulous. Looked, but dint see.. what is OA bath?

If you ever have opportunity, a short piece of railroad track can be an amazingly useful tool. Possibly the most dense piece of steel ever seen by my eyes, most guys can't tote a piece longer than 16" or 18".
Yes OA bath and the foam is called sculpture block. Not available to find at this time. Company from the Netherlands I believe.

The beehive springer is back together after a long time.
IMG_5758.jpeg

The skirts are now attached to the fender. I had a small disaster this morning with the clear coat paint on my chain guard. I think the combination of some humidity my cleaning with alcohol may have been the problem. I religiously wipe down with alcohol before I shoot paint, to make sure I didn’t leave oily prints everywhere. This time I don’t think I let the alcohol flash off enough before shooting, which caused a crackling of the paint. My wife convinced me to sand the crackle down and reshoot, which turned out to be a good idea. I will probably re-shoot the chain guard later down the road. At least it is presentable again. Now waiting for it do dry enough to assemble.
IMG_5769.jpeg

The bike is down on the ground for the first time. The chain has been put back together nothing is dragging at the moment. It at least will be rideable. I will have a late night getting the 3 speed dialed in. But it pedals and I am stoked for that. I can now work on the last feature for the tank as well. Cutting it too close.
IMG_5774.jpeg

Awesome seeing this assembly happen with all the paintwork!
I didn't notice it until just now, but that tank flows great into the skirts. Nice work playing off of those in your design!!

Awesome seeing this assembly happen with all the paintwork!
I didn't notice it until just now, but that tank flows great into the skirts. Nice work playing off of those in your design!!
Thank you! I’m still working out the final piece on the tank. Plans were to mimic the chain guard and skirts, with the tank design. With hopes to bring some of the green features forward to balance the bike. 🚴

There is a plan A & B for the last bit of tank work. I had planned to use this stainless steel material on the tank to mimic the holes on the chain guard. The steel is thin but way too hard to cut. I bought nippers that didn’t cut. I have cutting discs for my dremel but will take forever to cut two pieces and they break quickly. So, my other option is adding water decals to the empty space on the tank. It is definitely plan B. That’s just one of my last minute challenges for the day.
IMG_5777.jpeg

There is a plan A & B for the last bit of tank work. I had planned to use this stainless steel material on the tank to mimic the holes on the chain guard. The steel is thin but way too hard to cut. I bought nippers that didn’t cut. I have cutting discs for my dremel but will take forever to cut two pieces and they break quickly. So, my other option is adding water decals to the empty space on the tank. It is definitely plan B. That’s just one of my last minute challenges for the day. View attachment 275465

Would it be possible to score the metal with the dremel, then do a bend and break?

I've had to do that before. It is far less stress on the cutting wheels than trying to cut through completely.

Back