TRADITIONAL ⚡️⚡️⚡️THUNDERBOLT⚡️⚡️⚡️COLORS SELECTED⚡️⚡️⚡️SCRATCH BUILT TANK⚡️⚡️⚡️FRAME & PARTS STRIPPED

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some tank work. Some parts stripped. Some sanding, cleaning and priming next. Decided on a black frame with two color additions to the fender, skirts and chain guard.
IMG_5597.jpeg
IMG_5595.jpeg
IMG_5593.jpeg

I like the color choices

Made a little progress on the tank over the past few days. Modeled in some more Bondo in the fins and began detailing the space provided for the perforated metal. My wood carving tools have become useful to remove Bondo from areas that I have applied too much. I hope to get all the finish work accomplished and the tank in to primer soon. I still need to add two more mounting points to the underneath side. Many parts will get primed and painted over the next few days. I have to hammer out some dents in my duck billed fender before it gets some Bondo work, primer and paint. It is in rough shape.
IMG_5611.jpeg

IMG_5612.jpeg
IMG_5610.jpeg

Made a little progress on the tank over the past few days. Modeled in some more Bondo in the fins and began detailing the space provided for the perforated metal. My wood carving tools have become useful to remove Bondo from areas that I have applied too much. I hope to get all the finish work accomplished and the tank in to primer soon. I still need to add two more mounting points to the underneath side. Many parts will get primed and painted over the next few days. I have to hammer out some dents in my duck billed fender before it gets some Bondo work, primer and paint. It is in rough shape.
View attachment 271380
View attachment 271381View attachment 271382
That tank is looking awesome.

I like the color choices
Thank you! The paint is Montana Black graffiti paint. There are many eye popping colors along with some subdued colors and hues. The dark green is called copper green and the lighter one is called hope. They lay down well and should clear coat well if suited.
IMG_5616.jpeg

That tank is looking awesome.
Thank you! Getting along well but lots of work still. I hoping to make it compliment the chain guard and skirts.
IMG_5615.jpeg
IMG_5611.jpeg
IMG_5557.jpeg

Looking great!

Back