⭐ LoCo-Motion ⭐ ReTrO gRaVeL

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@GuitarlCarl is the man

IMG_20221104_121533307~2.jpg

That is all

Dug out the wheelset as well but forgot to snap pictures

Have a few sets of these that I got from Husky (have to order more to make their shipping worthwhile) that I might try

View attachment 213860

Running them on Showboatin and have been happy. They should make fast rolling gravel grinders

Those tires are trippy! Tread pattern looks like interconnected robot skullz! :cool: :cool:

From what I remember of the early Iron Horse stuff is that it was waaay overbuilt but super strong. Especially the rear ends that put the "iron" in Iron Horse.

Lookin' good!:thumbsup:

Those tires are trippy! Tread pattern looks like interconnected robot skullz! :cool: :cool:

From what I remember of the early Iron Horse stuff is that it was waaay overbuilt but super strong. Especially the rear ends that put the "iron" in Iron Horse.

Lookin' good!:thumbsup:
Thank you good sir. Looking forward to getting it together

Contemplating if I want to dingle speed this thing? Not a ton but maybe also throw a 22 on there for the occasional hill (that doesn't exist around here)

Hmmmmm. I mean if I don't have a magic gear I'll wind up running a tensioner or ghost ring anyhow. Might as well get some functionality out of it

Contemplating if I want to dingle speed this thing? Not a ton but maybe also throw a 22 on there for the occasional hill (that doesn't exist around here)

Hmmmmm. I mean if I don't have a magic gear I'll wind up running a tensioner or ghost ring anyhow. Might as well get some functionality out of it
We shall see if I can conjure up the magic recipe

IMG_20221104_234957688~2.jpg

18 and a 24

We shall see if I can conjure up the magic recipe

View attachment 215874

18 and a 24
Surprised to see the two out back, I was expecting the 2 ring crank dingle. Or are you just trying ratios to find that magic gear? According to our Karate Chicken a half link chain can help you dial that in, the shorter link gives you more range to dial it in.

That super sloping top tube is throwing me off, what size is the frame. Do you have a seatpost measurement? I'm quite intrigued by this horse, I like an oddball

Very rad.

Thank you sir

Surprised to see the two out back, I was expecting the 2 ring crank dingle. Or are you just trying ratios to find that magic gear? According to our Karate Chicken a half link chain can help you dial that in, the shorter link gives you more range to dial it in.

That super sloping top tube is throwing me off, what size is the frame. Do you have a seatpost measurement? I'm quite intrigued by this horse, I like an oddball

A bit of both. If I can hit a magic gear......... awesome. But I've also been intrigued by this short throw dingle concept

The frame is listed and marked as an "18" although the dude I got it from swore it was a "19"
I haven't thrown a tape on stuff yet but if this is an 18 it's pretty roomy
Right now the seat is just set at seat of the pants/knee extension length. I have to dial it in with my SPD shoes I'm sure

Dingle shift hmm... (stashes idea for later)

Only problem for me is I usually want to kick it down a gear to chase some spandex wanna be who just flew by me. (wait dude I gotta stop and shift this thing...) I wonder if you could "preload" it and flip it with a tiny lever, like the brake tightener for canti's? (reaching back with your toe) You'd have to get the throw just right and get off to preload it again.

Very intriguing. Now I'm hoping that you do your Lab Rat duty and try out that setup. I don't know if I'm keen on having to dismount to shift, but I guess it keeps it closer to the single speed ethos. I want to use the front derailleur as a middle finger to everyone who says they're too complicated. They're far simpler than a rear if you know how to hang them

Latest posts

Back