TRADITIONAL 🅵🅾🅾🅻🅸🅶🅰🅽 - 1930s Elgin Oriole - 2nd Place (Tie) - BUILD JOURNAL

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's been a full week without a new post.:forum: I'm having withdrawals.

06a6281883c5bac65b8ed2b22528e7f8.gif

I know, right?! It's that lull we hit after going so hard. Plus, I had covid at the very end, followed by the Debby rains.

I did however score this for FOOLIGAN at Dollar Tree. Now I won't have to remove the mooneyes to put air in the tires.

20240810_100709.jpg

I'm honored to have finished tied for 2nd Place with THUNDERBOLT (@Shrunken_Head_Pedaler), just one vote shy of the winner Hops&Gnarly (@The Renaissance Man) . Congrats to them and the rest of my build brothers on sharing their wonderful wheeled trophies this year!

These are such a blast to participate in (14th in a row for me)! Everyone's prize is the trophy we get to ride when we finish, but more than that, it is the camaraderie, knowledge, and fun we share with 50 to 100+ builders around the world for three months. To me, there is no debate, I build a much cooler build with all of you friends than I ever could by myself in the shop. The collective of creativity that is formed each year always amazes me.

THANKS MY FRIENDS!!! For all that you've shared in BO19 and beyond. Also, thanks so much for anyone that enjoyed FOOLIGAN enough to cast a vote for it.

I really hope to see ALL of our bike friends join the fun next year in RatRodBikes Build Off 20.

a20240811_114838.jpg
b20240811_120130b.jpg
c20240811_112421.jpg
d20240811_120143b.jpg
e20240811_120155b.jpg

Also thanks for putting up with my 66 page build thread with untold number of photos!
Thanks for sharing in the 1K+ replies and posts and the crazy 46K views!!!
I also crossed a crazy RRB threshold during this build off. I now have a "reaction score" over 50K. I can't remember what year the "Like" function was added to the forum software, but I think it was around BO9. So that is just crazy in 10 years.
It's also crazy that I am approaching 35K messages that I've posted on RRB. I need a life 🤣🤣 :forum::forum::forum::forum:

I'm honored to have finished tied for 2nd Place with THUNDERBOLT (@Shrunken_Head_Pedaler), just one vote shy of the winner Hops&Gnarly (@The Renaissance Man) . Congrats to them and the rest of my build brothers on sharing their wonderful wheeled trophies this year!

These are such a blast to participate in (14th in a row for me)! Everyone's prize is the trophy we get to ride when we finish, but more than that, it is the camaraderie, knowledge, and fun we share with 50 to 100+ builders around the world for three months. To me, there is no debate, I build a much cooler build with all of you friends than I ever could by myself in the shop. The collective of creativity that is formed each year always amazes me.

THANKS MY FRIENDS!!! For all that you've shared in BO19 and beyond. Also, thanks so much for anyone that enjoyed FOOLIGAN enough to cast a vote for it.

I really hope to see ALL of our bike friends join the fun next year in RatRodBikes Build Off 20.

View attachment 277209View attachment 277210View attachment 277211View attachment 277212View attachment 277214
I’m excited for next year! Thanks for making it fun!💪🏻

277409-FOOLIGAN.jpg

Back