🍺 Anita Brewski 🍺- Bullhorns go bye bye

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is definitely a funky fresh mash up between a muscle bike with some BMX influence. It’s almost the opposite of the transition that muscle bikes went through with the ‘MX’ years as they were phased out by BMX. Hope that made sense.
What it breaks down to is, I dig it!

This is definitely a funky fresh mash up between a muscle bike with some BMX influence. It’s almost the opposite of the transition that muscle bikes went through with the ‘MX’ years as they were phased out by BMX. Hope that made sense.
What it breaks down to is, I dig it!
Mish mash seems to be my middle name some days

I just caught up to the end of the build where you started on paint. Really nice job on that fade. Simple but such a unique ride. I love it.

I finally got a good look at the photos of Anita Brewski, Captain, and I’m amazed that you did the same paint job I was planning but could not pull off.

I was going to scuff the silver bike and fog dark gray on all of the joints, then shoot it with gloss clear.

But I got stalled out fixing the mistakes that I made and just never had the time to do a good paint job.

It would’ve turned out even worse if it wasn’t 112 out there when I painted it. At least every bit of the humidity burned off by then and there was not a single fisheye anywhere.

Anyhow, now that I’ve seen what you’ve done I can’t copy it, so I’m going to paint the bike a different color now. LOL

Regarding your problem with lifting of the clear coat, I found it this can be very sensitive to the temperature of the parts being painted.
Yeah, battling that pegged southern humidity every day

Appreciate you looking

Thanks man. Surprisingly comfortable if you have long arms

Should amend that to say "in small doses"

Got the all clear from the doctor to resume riding just in time to take some bikes with us to Myrtle Beach for a quick weekend excursion. After putting about 14 miles on Anita my repaired shoulder was killing me from the reach. Swapped out the mini apes from the wife's Electra and they were surprisingly comfortable and also pretty aesthetically pleasing. So when we got home tonight I threw on the other set of those I had.

IMG_20220918_212409986~2.jpg
IMG_20220918_212441831~2.jpg

Ready for some more saddle time

Should amend that to say "in small doses"

Got the all clear from the doctor to resume riding just in time to take some bikes with us to Myrtle Beach for a quick weekend excursion. After putting about 14 miles on Anita my repaired shoulder was killing me from the reach. Swapped out the mini apes from the wife's Electra and they were surprisingly comfortable and also pretty aesthetically pleasing. So when we got home tonight I threw on the other set of those I had.

View attachment 210097View attachment 210098

Ready for some more saddle time

Glad the shoulder got the thumbs up from the doctor. I like the new bars too. Time to bring ot down for a Savannah ride

I feel your pain brother. From experience, I can tell you that range of motion and flexibility gets better with time. You just gotta use it. The doc that rebuilt mine recommended pain. You gotta feel the hurt in order to make it hurt less later, push through what your mind thinks is the joint's limit. But that comes with time. And Tylenol and a hot pack.
Anyhow, absolutely understand the switch up, can we get a side view of the new setup?

Last edited:
I feel your pain brother. From experience, I can tell you that range of motion and flexibility gets better with time. You just gotta use it. The doc that rebuilt mine recommended pain. You gotta feel the hurt in order to make it hurt less later, push through what your mind thinks is the joint's limit. But that comes with time. And Tylenol and a hot pack.
Anyhow, absolutely understand the switch up, can we get a side view of the new setup?
Yes sir. Rehab is pain. Back to weight lifting is pain. Wife is a yogi so I also receive spiritual pain 😂

Getting there. It was a simple experiment in form before function but easily reversible. I'll see if I can't get it out later and grab a couple more snaps

Shoulders are the worst buddy.

I’ve never had to have surgery but both of my shoulders (and wrists) have taken a beating from sports injuries.

That means I don’t like bicycles with low handlebars where I have to lean forward on my wrists and shoulders. Riding that mongoose with the flat bars on it was just torture for me.

The barometric pressure is low here, and that normally makes all my arthritic injuries act up. Normally the left knee and right ankle would be the first to let me know.

But yesterday I spent hours filing and sanding and buffing, plus I was up late with the spoke wrench, truing wheels, so today it’s my hands & wrists that are killing me.

Unfortunately I am like an old machine and if I stop moving I will just rust up and stay in one spot.

Latest posts

Back