šŸŗ Anita Brewski šŸŗ- Bullhorns go bye bye

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shoulders are the worst buddy.

Iā€™ve never had to have surgery but both of my shoulders (and wrists) have taken a beating from sports injuries.

That means I donā€™t like bicycles with low handlebars where I have to lean forward on my wrists and shoulders. Riding that mongoose with the flat bars on it was just torture for me.

The barometric pressure is low here, and that normally makes all my arthritic injuries act up. Normally the left knee and right ankle would be the first to let me know.

But yesterday I spent hours filing and sanding and buffing, plus I was up late with the spoke wrench, truing wheels, so today itā€™s my hands & wrists that are killing me.

Unfortunately I am like an old machine and if I stop moving I will just rust up and stay in one spot.
It took me about 4 years to finally give in and relent to having this shoulder done. After dislocating it well over a half a dozen times over the years it was very past due. They've been hounding me to have my knee reconstructed for years and I keep putting it off and I also have some hip damage from a motocross injury about 20 years ago that I put off as well. I'm a hot mess

Now if only that bionic technology would catch up šŸ˜‚

Yeah it seems that the bionics didnā€™t keep up with motorcycle technology, thatā€™s for sure.

I crashed on seven different motorcycles, but never seriously. It was other sports every time.

Worst ever was just from playing basketball when I was 12. It bothers me to this day If Iā€™m wrenching too hard.

Ultimately Iā€™m gravitating from trucks to cars to motorcycles to bicycles.

I really love the bike Cap'n. The simple clean design is terrific. The bars are amazing. I've got some ideas for cool bars of my own so hopefully that will happen at some point. Overall just a very nice bike. I'm not too into 20" bikes (except my Redline) but I'd be proud to have this one in my collection. I've got tons of aches and pains from a couple of motorcycle accidents. I'll be needing knee and hip work at some point but I'm hoping to make it to retirement first. Thanks for all the encouragement and great comments during the build off. I'll get to all of the build threads eventually. Great job!!!

I really love the bike Cap'n. The simple clean design is terrific. The bars are amazing. I've got some ideas for cool bars of my own so hopefully that will happen at some point. Overall just a very nice bike. I'm not too into 20" bikes (except my Redline) but I'd be proud to have this one in my collection. I've got tons of aches and pains from a couple of motorcycle accidents. I'll be needing knee and hip work at some point but I'm hoping to make it to retirement first. Thanks for all the encouragement and great comments during the build off. I'll get to all of the build threads eventually. Great job!!!
Thanks for the compliments. She's a tidy, simple, clean little rider. It's actually a 26". Deceptively small looking

Wow, how did I miss that? In that case I have to say fantastic job with the proportions!
IMG_20200901_185808709~2.jpg

Sometimes it can be deceptive. As was the case with my build from 2 years ago Simple Green. This one truly is a 20-in bike

Latest posts

Back